Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2005 8:54:23 AM EDT
Would it be rude to walk over and offer him one of my belts, since he obviously doesn't have one?
with my Springfield strapped on...
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:55:51 AM EDT
[#1]
You mean share a shot of tequila with him?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:56:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

By the looks of it, he would be more apt to share a doobie or a rock
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:57:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Would it be rude to walk over and offer him one of my belts, since he obviously doesn't have one?

Yes, it would be rude.
Maybe his first impression isn't good, but get to know him.  
Some people dress like thugs but are just trying to be fashionable.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:58:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Why don't you see if he can wire up your light?  
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:58:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Start out chilled out. I had a bunch of  guys like that across the street from me (before the rents and property values went through the roof). The one time I confronted them over loud music late on a week night, it was like I had busted a Mormon youth group meeting: "We're sorry, sir. We didn't realize. . . ." It's a stupid style, but for some people it's just a style. Like somebody's sig says, though, have a plan to kill him.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:01:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I wouldn't  jump to having negative feelings about the guy. I had a ghetto thug neigbor looking guy in the past, but he would help me in any way If I ever needed it. and was a pretty good guy.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:06:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Why don't you see if he can wire up your light?  

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:15:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

He is probably talking to his friends right now about the "nredy white boy next door"
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:24:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I say give him a chance- one can only hope.

When I moved in to my house the neighbor on one side was a very clean cut old guy and his wife, and on the other side, a big Harley guy in his 50s, big beard, you name it, with his wife.

Turns out the Harley guy was the best neighbor you could have ever asked for and the old guy's wife was a PITA busybody that insisted on telling me how to cut and care for my lawn.

I hope it goes that way for you!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:30:45 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

40oz of Colt 45, or Old English 800 and yo bee doGs for life
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:32:50 AM EDT
[#11]
invite him over A'ight!!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:36:59 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

40oz of Colt 45, or Old English 800 and yo bee doGs for life

If that fails, you may need to try 230gr of the Colt 45
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:47:29 AM EDT
[#13]
I vote that you shoud draw down on his mailbox, and give loud, clear verbal commands.  

Either that wave next time you see him and see if he waves back.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:47:57 AM EDT
[#14]
My friend lived in an apartment complex with a few undesireables around ai after a day of shoooting he would kick back on the front porch with a cold one and clean his guns, he never had a problem with the neighbors.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:49:15 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Start out chilled out. I had a bunch of  guys like that across the street from me (before the rents and property values went through the roof). The one time I confronted them over loud music late on a week night, it was like I had busted a Mormon youth group meeting: "We're sorry, sir. We didn't realize. . . ." It's a stupid style, but for some people it's just a style. Like somebody's sig says, though, have a plan to kill him.

...Or it could be that they were smart enough to realize they couldn't well sustain a visit by the poe-lease.  Although rare, the smart users are the nicest and most well behaved people in just about any situation, especially as neighbors.  People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones--the smart ones don't.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:49:33 AM EDT
[#16]
My new neighbor is like that. He was mowing his yard and I thought his pants were gonna fall off. You never see them outside much and the house is always dark.

I finally met him. He is a nice guy, newly married kid on the way, they both work 2 jobs to keep up. They live in the back room as he is totally converting the house from a 4 br to a 3 br. They want the babys room pretty much attached to the master.

I was worried they were gutting the house to make it a grow house for weed. All my fears were relieved when I finally decided to talk with him. I offered to let him use my edger sinc his yard was taking over the sidewalk.

Nice guy. The dude never cussed once. I usually dont  cuss but when the two of us were trimming his trees, I cussed a few times when the chainsaw overheated (yes its  weak one). He was cool the whole time.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:50:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Maybe he's undercover DEA
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:00:56 AM EDT
[#18]
What...

No draw down yet?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:00:58 AM EDT
[#19]
See how he holds/aims one of your handguns (unloaded of course).
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:04:11 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Probably because he sees you cleaning your guns in the front yard and dragging bloody bodies of fresh kill out of your truck. I would be polite too if I thought I lived next to the crazy white boy with guns.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:06:52 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
invite him over A'ight!!!

A-igtblah!

I need to watch that GTB episode again...

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:11:28 AM EDT
[#22]
I am personally hoping the thugs that live 2 doors down from me never realize I have guns.  After all I am not home all of the time...
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:12:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Y'all must be living right or something. Whenever someone like that moves into my neighborhood it means there will be trash in the yards, cars broken into, beer cans in the drainage ditches, and the run down house making property values go down. A few years ago the section 8 house next door foreclosed and it went though a couple of shady residents. Each time the house needed much work. FINALLY it went up for sale and a decent couple bought it. Our property values are going back up again. Now at the end of the street a nice house is being rented out to  aformentioned individuals. It's not taking it very long to achieve the run down look.

Before anyone cries racisim, there a a few houses on the block owned by black people, operative word here "people", that wear their pants pulled up and have intact families. They bear no resemblance to the feral humans that are renting the other houses.

Just because a few of you have had such nice rosey experiances with the street culture type doesn't make it a rare exception rather than a rule. If it quacks like a duck . . . .
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:13:27 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
My friend lived in an apartment complex with a few undesireables around ai after a day of shoooting he would kick back on the front porch with a cold one and clean his guns, he never had a problem with the neighbors.

Before I left my wife we had some move in next door to us.  All of my gun cases ran for the woods.  I was forced to carry in my guns one at a time after that, propped up on my hip.  Scoped SKS with a 30 round mag is scary to some people.  Especially when you've been camping and are in camo, you look pissed off because you've been into it with your wife, and you have a pack on, and your wife has your German Shepherd next to you on a leash.  Did I mention that they were all in their front yard.  I NEVER heard from them again, except the occaisonal "crazy white people" in hushed tones when I happened to be going in or out.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:27:41 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Just because a few of you have had such nice rosey experiances with the street culture type doesn't make it a rare exception rather than a rule. If it quacks like a duck . . . .

I immediately assumed the guy who moved in next door to me was a thug. Yes he was the exeption. Halfway up the block the neighbors are pure trash. The worst is the cop and his white trash family and thug children. After him is the 24/7 Jerry Springer episode. Then the alcoholics.

That part of the neighborhood sickens me. I lucked out and my immediate neighbors seem ok even though the Hatians across the street from me are outright racists, they do have the nicest yard in town and keep to themselves.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:28:02 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He is probably talking to his friends right now about the "nredy white boy next door"

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:34:29 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Before I left my wife we had some move in next door to us.  All of my gun cases ran for the woods.  I was forced to carry in my guns one at a time after that, propped up on my hip.  Scoped SKS with a 30 round mag is scary to some people.  Especially when you've been camping and are in camo, you look pissed off because you've been into it with your wife, and you have a pack on, and your wife has your German Shepherd next to you on a leash.  Did I mention that they were all in their front yard.  I NEVER heard from them again, except the occaisonal "crazy white people" in hushed tones when I happened to be going in or out.

Yep, being the "crazy-ass white boy with guns" can be useful on occasion.  My wife's uncle is a firm believer in the idea that people should always wonder just a little bit what you might do if they really pissed you off.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:45:45 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, being the "crazy-ass white boy with guns" can be useful on occasion.  My wife's uncle is a firm believer in the idea that people should always wonder just a little bit what you might do if they really pissed you off.

Damn right they should.  If they wonder about you, that means they don't know,  If they don't know they are pretty unlikely to be the ones to find out.  Considering I also used to target shoot my bb gun with the laser on it, they were scared.  I never let them see me pump it, so they thought it was suppressed.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:13:45 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

offer him some Yak, yo.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:33:25 PM EDT
[#30]

I understand all of your 'clean your guns outside' advice, but with the infrequency with which I am at home, I am more afraid of leaving them there alone.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:56:47 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted: Yep, being the "crazy-ass white boy with guns" can be useful on occasion.  My wife's uncle is a firm believer in the idea that people should always wonder just a little bit what you might do if they really pissed you off.
Yo, over there, dat's Mistah Kim. During the riots, Mistah Kim sat on the roof of his corner sto' with an AK and a few thirtah' round clips. Ain't nobody mess wit' Mistah Kim after dat, no sir.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:04:08 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He is probably talking to his friends right now about the "nerdy white boy next door"

Best reply so far. (with edited typo)
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:12:35 PM EDT
[#33]
 Hope you got a gun safe Beetle! Just remember NO, if it aint nailed down its gone. Did I just profile
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:07:54 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He is probably talking to his friends right now about the "nerdy white boy next door"

Best reply so far. (with edited typo)

Yup. "I can't really put my finger on it, but something about him kinda creeps me out. What do you guys think I should do?"
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:16:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Yes, it would be rude.
Maybe his first impression isn't good, but get to know him.
Some people dress like thugs but are just trying to be fashionable.

fashionable ???????????????????? HA

What a riot!!!!!!!

You guys really know how to make me laugh
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:32:34 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Been there, done that!  For some reason the Ted Nugent looking, heavy metal listening "crazy-ass whiteboy with guns" doesn't get fvcked with much.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:33:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Burn him out?
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:20:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Keep an eye on him and his place. See what kind of people he associates with. If they look no-good, he's no-good, too.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:37:48 AM EDT
[#39]
he'll break in and steal your stuff while you're at work.

(thread bookmarked so I can say "i told you so").
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:40:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:45:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Does he speak english? My "new" neighbors don't. You are a lucky man.

AB
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:53:31 AM EDT
[#42]

I know a caper
We can get some government paper
You know food stamps can we really do that
Hell yea, right there for the taking
Fuck welfare we say reparations
And, uh, you know the grind
Get up early get in the line and just wait
Everybody on break that's part of the game
And when they call your name
Ms. Case Worker let my state my claim
I'm homeless, jobless, times is hard, I'm 'bout hopeless
But I gotta eat regardless
No family to run to I'm 22
Now tell me what the fuck am I supposed to do
My sad story made her feel close to me
I made her feel like it was an emergency
When I came to the crib niggaz couldn't believe
I came back with a big bag of groceries (hell yeah)

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:07:07 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Buy him Suspenders
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:42:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Fly a rebel flag and crank up the country music.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:12:11 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Fly a rebel flag and crank up the country music.

+1
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:29:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Two questions, How old is HE? And how old are you?
Reason is maybe you don't realise that basically everyone under 25 thinks they are gangster wannabe's. They talk like rappers (oh excuse me, hip-hoppers) and dress like them. But that does'nt mean anything really. Watch Mtv lately? Rock n roll is dead. It's all Rap and R&B stuff now, 24/7.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:29:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Funny, that was my first impression of my neighbor. I met them and they are good people. His son even calls me sir.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:47:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Draw down!!!

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:55:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Hope you like like rap-music.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 10:00:38 AM EDT
[#50]
suburbia must be hell
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top