Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2005 4:09:11 PM EDT
I have two separate US Mail Shipments that are about 7 days overdue. Both shippers say the packages were shipped about 10 days ago. They should have been here a week ago. Is anyone else seeing any US Postal delays?  I'm wondering if Rita is the cause.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:11:54 PM EDT
[#1]
My Bushmaster Parts order took 14 days
The USPS is understaffed like most Fed Operations I think.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:12:11 PM EDT
[#2]
None at all including this week.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:25:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I sent a air filter cover to hawaii on the 9th and it still hasnt gotten there. I refunded the guys money so now I am out an air filter and the money i was paid for it. Sad thing is that i threw out the reciept for the shipping.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:28:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Today marks a two week wait for something shipped USPS priority from ATL. Normally would be here overnight.

I had forgotten about it until I read this thread...
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:30:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Delayed packages are the first sign of FBI monitoring.
So are extremely prompt packages.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:34:46 PM EDT
[#6]
If you want a delivery commitment, you have to use Express Mail or the various UPS/FedEx/DHL services.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:35:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I've seen a delay also.

Bomber
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:36:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, ebay order just getting here after 1 week, usually stuff takes 3-4 days max.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:37:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Where is the Looter Express Advertisement?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:40:15 PM EDT
[#10]
My guess would be that they are waiting for trucks to be full before making runs between hubs or something. Fuel economy. Hell if I know for sure...
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:40:53 PM EDT
[#11]
And who the fuck was it that wanted to setup a .gov oil company run like the USPS?!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:41:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:45:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I have two separate US Mail Shipments that are about 7 days overdue. Both shippers say the packages were shipped about 10 days ago. They should have been here a week ago. Is anyone else seeing any US Postal delays?  I'm wondering if Rita is the cause.

Yes - my mom mailed something from my local PO to my house.  It usually takes 1 day, but this time it took almost a full week.  We live in North Louisiana (no hurricane damage), but I heard everything's running slow because of the hurricanes.  Maybe some of the sorting that they normally do down south is now being handled at other PO's and they're getting backed up?

CR
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:23:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, the FFL for my HK94 never made it so I had to make him fax it. I have a very itchy trigger finger and alot of 9MM..
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:25:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Nope.  DVD's still making it to Blockbuster's distribution center in Atlanta in 2 days.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:35:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Kind of... my checks got here early, but I still haven't got my ATM card, and that was supposed to be a few days ago.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:45:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Yes, ebay order just getting here after 1 week, usually stuff takes 3-4 days max.

same thing for me
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:36:18 PM EDT
[#18]
absofvckinglootly...

i own a national veterinary reference laboratory and use bulk mail return mailers for my clients and in the past 2 weeks..my clients in several areas of the country are pissed.

from alamorgordo NM..to conneticut..

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:01:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes. Several of my clients are calling wondering where their orders are. Sucks for business.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:09:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Nope.  DVD's still making it to Blockbuster's distribution center in Atlanta in 2 days.

Did you ever get a DVD from Blockbuster that wasn't the movie listed on the envelope?

We returned it and emailed customer service telling them they goofed and sent us movie "A" in envelope labeled "B".

They sent movie "A" BACK to us saying the disc wasn't theirs and that they want their movie "B" back.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:11:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Bought a McMillian stock from another member here, it was shipped at the beginning of the month.  He didn't put a tracking number on it but it was insured. At week 3 we figured that it got ripped off, and he shipped stock #2 (identical) to replace stock #1 on Tuesday with tracking and delivery confirmation. Both stocks showed up today.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:11:35 PM EDT
[#22]
McDonalds off of exit 248, I-35 has a little sign on the drive-through menu stating "Reduced Menu due to hurricane  Rita --- please bear with us"
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:29:47 PM EDT
[#23]
A little slow here.

Also, probably not even a dent, but there are alot of bodies changing seats in the desert. I know they told us mail woud ltake a bit longer. Lots of people mailing shit home. WE were allowed to bring 5 bags over, and only 2 on the return trip. So lots of shit got mailed home.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:32:29 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Kharn

Double posts are another sign.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:33:02 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Kharn

Double posts are another sign.

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:21:49 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you ever get a DVD from Blockbuster that wasn't the movie listed on the envelope?

We returned it and emailed customer service telling them they goofed and sent us movie "A" in envelope labeled "B".

They sent movie "A" BACK to us saying the disc wasn't theirs and that they want their movie "B" back.

One time.  Disc was supposed to be Seven Samurai.  Got a compilation disc of Sonny Chiba films instead.  Emailed customer support, they just told me to add the film to my queue and move it to the top.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:13:19 AM EDT
[#27]
I bought an autocollimator (I am a man of many hobbies, much to my wife's chagrin :) from a guy NEAR the flood zone (but not THAT near -- they were sending refugees to his city).

The Destructive Testing Team at UPS interpreted the many LARGE "Fragile" notices on the box as their cue to give it all they had.  And they did.

The box looked like it'd been through the war, and, they knocked an internal part loose in the objective. They also did a lot of "minor" damage (busted switches etc) that I can easily fix for a few bucks.

The kicker is that the price was such a good deal that even if they DO make good on the insurance (always a snakefight with UPS in my experience), all that will happen is that I won't have an autocollimator.  And this one a once-in-a-lifetime deal.

So, I grit my teeth and paid the guy, and we did NOT file an insurance claim.  Also, he'd offered me a LARGE discount due to the damage, but I could not in good conscience accept his offer. It wasn't HIS fault that the "displaced baggage apes from hell" had decided to screw up the package.

I set it aside, and when I am no longer experienceing elevated blood pressure when I think of "What can Brown do TO you today?", I will dig in and repair the machine.  I figure that even at that, I've got a good deal, but still, it really bugs me that these outfits don't give two shits for the stuff that they are PAID to accept into their care.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:25:41 AM EDT
[#28]
I've had numerous Priority Mail packages take as long as 4 weeks. Literally had a Priority Mail envelope from 100 miles away in-state take 3 weeks. Keep in mind the PO uses independant contractors to truck the mail and you know those idiots who low ball bid to get the job are feeling the fuel crunch. Then there are the employees that have left my packages sitting on their shelf at the P.O. and not delivered it.  Anyway, be patient. Give it 4 weeks at least.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:41:14 AM EDT
[#29]
tag
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:50:29 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Is anyone else seeing any US Postal delays?

Nope. I just sent a fairly heavy box from Laredo to Miami by ground mail (i.e. - through BOTH hurricane zones), and it arrived earlier than I expected, and in perfect shape.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:53:02 AM EDT
[#31]
USPS is on time for me too
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:55:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Mail in and around Texas is going to take longer for a while.  There is a HUGE encoding center located in downtown Beaumont.  I have a few friends  that used to work there.  They essentially tell the computer where most of the unscannable mail where to go for the entire region.  Because of the hurricane, there is no power or water in Beaumont and the surrounding areas; therefore, no employees.  

It'll be a while before the encoding center is back online, so I'd expect delays in postal mail in the area for quite some time.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:11:43 AM EDT
[#33]
And who the fuck was it that wanted to setup a .gov oil company run like the USPS?!

Then gas might be cheap, but it would be rationed.  You'd have to apply to get it with forms like 4473's, explaining where you are going and for what reason.

No, we don't want a .gov oil company.

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:07:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Bought a textbook from an Amazon reseller (located in NY I believe) on Sep 9.

It was shipped on Sep 13.

Still no package. Amazon says to contact the seller if the package has not arrived by Sep 30, and that the package should arrive NLT Oct 3. This was in their "thanks for ordering" form email sent on Sep 9.

I'm going to be done with the fuckin' class before I get the book. Next time I'll continue to buy my textbooks through Alibris.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top