BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2005 1:20:02 PM EDT
Small update in red.

BREAKING NEWS: Home intruder shot

Last Update: 09/29/2005 2:56:49 PM
By: Reed Upton

A Westside homeowner who surprised an alleged intruder who had entered his home shot and critically injured the man early Thursday afternoon.

Albuquerque Police said the homeowner, arrived at his home in the 10,000 block of Del Rey SW during the noon hour and discovered the other man in his house.

APD officers say an altercation occurred and the homeowner shot and critically injured the other man in the backyard of the residence.

Neither the homeowner nor the alleged intruder have had their names released by the police.

Stay tuned to Eyewitness News 4 and log on to KOBTV.com for the latest on this developing story.

Police are talking with witnesses and have detained two men who they say are “associates” of the intruder. Nobody has been arrested

Home Intruder Shot

Good.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:26:30 PM EDT
[#1]
He should have been strung up by his entrails in the front yard....................did I say that out loud?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:27:05 PM EDT
[#2]
He was in the yard and not the house when he shot him though (bad for homeowner).

OTOH, "we were in a violent altercation and I feared for my life"

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:31:55 PM EDT
[#3]
He made one key mistake. He didnt kill him. My CLEO and good friend tells me that if someone breaks in and I have to shoot........then to pull the trigger till the gun is empty so there is only one side to the story.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:32:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
He was in the yard and not the house when he shot him though (bad for homeowner).

OTOH, "we were in a violent altercation and I feared for my life"

you could get away with it in texas i'm not sure about NM..........
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:33:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmmm. . . . I wonder if Wifey was home also. . . . . . .????
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:33:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Hope the intruder wasn't one of our humble undocumented visitors from down south.  If he was then the homeowner can save himself some trouble and just hand over the keys to his house.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:37:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
He made one key mistake. He didnt kill him. My CLEO and good friend tells me that if someone breaks in and I have to shoot........then to pull the trigger till the gun is empty so there is only one side to the story.

Umm, bad idea?  How bout shooting till he falls down...  Emptying a gun into someone who's already on the deck is a bad legal proposition...
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:05:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Umm, bad idea?  How bout shooting till he falls down...  Emptying a gun into someone who's already on the deck is a bad legal proposition...

"maybe thats how u yankys do it but we down here in the south do it right!" he said in a deep south tone i'll shoot till they stop moving
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:05:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A good man with a gun could empty it before the BG hit the deck.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:33:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:51:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Shoot until there is no doubt that the threat does not exist.  

Shoot only until they fall?  Um, if they are still conscious and are still armed, I'm pretty sure they can still shoot back.  I would not hesitate to shoot someone on the ground if my life was in danger.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:04:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A good man with a gun could empty it before the BG hit the deck.

A 15 16 round Beretta?
j/k
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:07:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"maybe thats how u yankys do it but we down here in the south do it right!" he said in a deep south tone i'll shoot till they stop moving

In the "heat of the moment" you might just keep pulling the trigger until the pistol is empty...........
(after all, you MUST be in fear of your life to be shooting in the first place)
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:09:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Not in these parts! Juries just eat up the "I feared for my life and I was running on adrenaline and I emptied two mags into the perp" defense.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:10:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Too bad the BG survived, but nice shooting anyway.

HH
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:14:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Kudos to the home owner.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:19:05 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shoot quickly.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:22:51 PM EDT
[#18]
He should haved practiced his 3 shot drill :double taps to the chest with one to the head.

Problem solved.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:46:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
He should haved practiced his 3 shot drill :double taps to the chest with one to the head.

Problem solved.

thats what i was trained to do.........

then i would just dump the rest of the mag in him for the hell of it
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:22:01 AM EDT
[#20]
We had a 12 year old with a replica gun survive a three shot drill in Los Angeles the other day.  I guess all that proves is, if you can't make the first one count, 2 more lousy shots ain't gonna do much better.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:07:51 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
We had a 12 year old with a replica gun survive a three shot drill in Los Angeles the other day.  I guess all that proves is, if you can't make the first one count, 2 more lousy shots ain't gonna do much better.

1. LA Cops are jumpy.....2. unless they are on the SWAT team odds are they cant shoot
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:17:40 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

The bullets must have gone though him and docs were able to sew him up in time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top