Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2005 12:34:03 PM EDT
Yesterday we found out that one of our former co-workers was killed in Iraq on September 20th.

Pete Tocci was a wildman, one of those guys that always had a dirty joke to share. He only worked here for a few months after his honorable discharge from the USMC. Once Pete had been here a few months he signed on with Blackwater to do diplomatic security for the State Department.

Pete, this Bud's for you.

www.billingsgazette.com/index.php?display=rednews/2005/09/28/build/obits/tocci.inc

Peter J. Tocci

CHANDLER, Ariz. — Peter J. Tocci, 24, of Chandler, was killed in an attack on a U.S. Diplomatic convoy in Mosul, Iraq, on Sept. 20, 2005.

Peter was born July 27, 1981, in Billings, to Mark and Debbie Tocci.

Peter was a very gifted athlete and played baseball, football, basketball and golf. After graduation from high school in 1999, Peter enlisted in the U.S. Marine Corp. Peter graduated with top honors in the Marine Financial School and the Marine Security Guard. He served in Estonia and Uruguay at the American embassies. Sgt. Tocci was honorably discharged from the Marine Corp in February 2005.

Peter joined a private security company and in June 2005, Peter was assigned to a diplomatic security detail for the State Department in Iraq. It was here he made the ultimate sacrifice.

Peter’s family supported his vision and with their love and prayers he went forth to make a difference in this world.

Peter is survived by his father, Mark Tocci (Glendale); mother Debbie Tocci and Steve Mercurio (Chandler); two sisters, Angie Lackmann (Phoenix) and Monica (Mel) Brown (Kalispell, Mont.); a brother, Dominic Mercurio (Chandler); grandparents Ray and Betty Tocci (Three Forks, Mont.), Norm and Barb Felde (Moorhead, Minn.); and numerous aunts, uncles, cousins and two nieces.

A memorial service will be held Saturday, Oct. 1, at 10 a.m. at the First Baptist Church of Three Forks, 705 N. Main St., Three Forks.

Cremation or Funeral Gallery of Belgrade is in charge of arrangements.

www.defenselink.mil/news/Sep2005/20050920_2797.html

Five Soldiers, Diplomat Killed; Forces Seize Terror Suspects
American Forces Press Service

WASHINGTON, Sept. 20, 2005 – Five U.S. soldiers and a U.S. diplomat died in a series of four attacks in Iraq Sept. 19 and today.
An 18th Military Police Brigade soldier was killed 75 miles north of Baghdad when an improvised explosive device struck his vehicle at 2:25 p.m. today, military officials reported.

Elsewhere, four soldiers assigned to the 2nd Marine Division, 2nd Marine Expeditionary Force (Forward), were killed by IEDs during two separate incidents Sept. 19 in Ramadi. The soldiers' names are being withheld pending notification of next of kin.

The U.S. confirmed the death of a U.S. diplomat, Assistant Regional Security Officer Stephen Eric Sullivan, in a car-bomb attack in Mosul, today. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice issued a statement saying that Sullivan "was a brave American, dedicated to his country and to a brighter future for the people of Iraq."

"Steve Sullivan died in the service of his country and for the cause of democracy and freedom. There is no more noble a sacrifice, and we honor Steve's devotion to country and freedom," Rice said.

News reports said that three other security personnel also died in the attack.

www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/20/AR2005092000246.html

See ya on the flipside, bro.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:36:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:37:24 PM EDT
[#2]

My thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family. RIP.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:38:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:39:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:40:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Fucking shitstains.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:41:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:42:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

My thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family. RIP.

+1 I hope I get to meet you when it's time for me to do so.  Take care, buddy, and I hope to see you on the other side someday.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top