Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:52:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Watch on the Rhine is awesome, let us know how the other is :)
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:55:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Interested, a brief synopsis please?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:58:55 AM EDT
[#3]
"Rhine" was good, but not as good as the original 4 books. In a nutshell,rejuvinated Nazis fighting the Posi's.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:10:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Both books are awesome!  Ringo and Flint are my two favorites.  I've e-mailed LtCol Tom Kratman  He is a very cool guy- has the CIB, Ranger Tab and served in the 5th SF.  

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:12:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Posi's??
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:18:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Posi's??

Posleen. I got lazy typing.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:26:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I've read both. Watch was a bit disappointing but still very good. Looking Glass is/was excellant, going to be a great series.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:28:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Posi's??

Uhh, still not receiving.

PLease transmit in the open.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:28:13 AM EDT
[#9]
They both are great. Watch on the rhine was definetly not as good as the others in the pos'leen series. Eric Flint, David Weber are both good.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:30:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:36:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Posi's??

Uhh, still not receiving.

PLease transmit in the open.

Posleen is the name of an alien race featured in many of John Ringo's books, which invades Earth and numerous other planets as well, destroying everything, and eating people.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:42:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Into the looking glass is great...

Basis is a physics experiment at UCF goes bad... generates funky interspatial gates... bad thing lurk behind them...

has a great scene of the redneck cavalry to the rescue..
First couple chapters from Baens website

another book that comes out for october is Ghost

this is pure action, no scifi.. rambo meets mack bolon meets ummm graphic sex...
Ghost

oh and Baen has gotten even smarter with their Ebooks.... you can now get ARCS online for 15 bucks a pop :) about 6 months ahead of publishing

not reccomended for religious, overly moral individuals...
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:19:15 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Posi's??

Shouldn't your lazy response be "I gt laze tpng"

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:32:27 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Posi's??

Ringo wrote a series of "Aliens invade Earth" books, which are fun reading. Earth gets notice from one group of aliens that a huge group of heavily armed, but not terribly bright, humanoid lizard (The Posleen) types are coming to take over the planet and eat everyone (okay that's a pretty crude synopsis).

If these Lizard People are so damn stupid, then how are they capable of interstellar travel?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:36:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:43:24 AM EDT
[#16]
I enjoyed Into the Looking Glass, not least because a lot of it takes place in Florida.  Not really interested in Watch on the Rhine.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:48:47 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Posi's??

Ringo wrote a series of "Aliens invade Earth" books, which are fun reading. Earth gets notice from one group of aliens that a huge group of heavily armed, but not terribly bright, humanoid lizard (The Posleen) types are coming to take over the planet and eat everyone (okay that's a pretty crude synopsis).

If these Lizard People are so damn stupid, then how are they capable of interstellar travel?

Their technology was supplied to them by a third party. They aren't complete idiots, they tend to attack in huge masses in a straight line, but that's not all that much different than some Russian/Soviet plans.

Okay.  BUT...isn't it a bit costly traveling across the vastness of space just to procure a food source not to mention the tremendous resources spent on waging a war.  Wouldn't their efforts be much more efficiently spent on developing a food production infrastructure on some planet in their little corner of the galaxy?

(ain't I a stinker.....)  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:58:14 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Okay.  BUT...isn't it a bit costly traveling across the vastness of space just to procure a food source not to mention the tremendous resources spent on waging a war.  Wouldn't their efforts be much more efficiently spent on developing a food production infrastructure on some planet in their little corner of the galaxy?

(ain't I a stinker.....)  

cause someone genetically/ societally programed em too.... and they are up in round two...
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:15:32 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Posi's??

Their technology was supplied to them by a third party. They aren't complete idiots, they tend to attack in huge masses in a straight line, but that's not all that much different than some Russian/Soviet plans.

(ain't I a stinker.....)  

They're going through space  in a  straight line, jumping from planet to planet. They basically lay waste to each planet in turn for food, raw materials, and some technology. In the Ringo-created universe, there are only two or three species that are warriors ( ours included); basically every species has given way under the Posleens onslaught. They are genetically programmed depending on their caste; most are pretty much non-thinking drones that just go out there and fight. If they are completely feral or seperated from their leadership ( God Kings), they are pretty much worthless as a fighting force.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:28:09 AM EDT
[#20]
I havent read watch on the rhine yet, but Into the Lookinglass was good.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:50:30 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm waiting for Ghost to hit the bootstores:

Ghost

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:23:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Ghost

its a good one.. though maybe not to some here's taste
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:58:22 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ghost

its a good one.. though maybe not to some here's taste

Having read that preview I can't help but wonder how frequently he visits this sight.

That books reads like a Arfcomers wet dream.

Shooting, Libs humiliated, naked lovelies, tangoes used as target practice...

He has GOT to be a member one way or another.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:54:12 PM EDT
[#24]
I think hes posted here before, I know mike williomson of Freehold is a member
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:03:28 PM EDT
[#25]
I thought you were talking about this guy.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:08:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:40:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top