Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2005 8:27:36 PM EDT
Mine

a bright white 3 inch scar on my fore arm from my cat. I could see the FAT under my skin.

Its about 1mm wide and 3 inches long.

I really hate it when they rip out the side of your finger nail.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:29:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn ,what kind of cat do you have?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:42:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I was ruffin her up...

Claws were out...

I'm usually FASTER then she is...

She caught me just as I was PULLING my arm back.

A claw sunk DEEP and opened up my arm!

I had to put a panty liner on it as it was WAY more than a bandaid was gonna fix.

Then Duct tape and neosporin.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:43:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Mine

a bright white 3 inch scar on my fore arm from my cat. I could see the FAT under my skin.

Ya know, if you grab the cat's front legs and back legs (front in one hand, back in the other) you can give them a bath/charge them up with static/clip their nails without the razor like claws getting you...

I adopted a feral kitten. Shortly after we had him neutered, he backed our Pit Bull out of her food bowl.

The only real injury I ever received from a cat was when our Siamese buried two paws worth of claws into the back of my scrotum while I was sleeping. That cat was evil....
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:46:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mine

Ya know, if you grab the cat's front legs and back legs (front in one hand, back in the other) you can give them a bath/charge them up with static/clip their nails without the razor like claws getting you...

I adopted a feral kitten. Shortly after we had him neutered, he backed our Pit Bull out of her food bowl.

The only real injury I ever received from a cat was when our Siamese buried two paws worth of claws into the back of my scrotum while I was sleeping. That cat was evil....

WTF !!!!!   The house would have looked like a crime scene after that one.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:50:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yeah, well, Mr Kitty met brick wall. I was trying to throw him down the hall and missed the door by about 10 inches. Woke me up out of a dead sleep.

After I slammed him into the wall, I suddenly became the only person he wouldn't growl or hiss at.
Siamese cats are insane. Completely nutbar crazy.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:55:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, well, Mr Kitty met brick wall. I was trying to throw him down the hall and missed the door by about 10 inches. Woke me up out of a dead sleep.

After I slammed him into the wall, I suddenly became the only person he wouldn't growl or hiss at.

Me ex-wife had a siamese, she called me at work crying one day saying he had gotten run over, one of the happiest days of my life That cat was pure evil. After an incident like you experienced I don;t think I would have stopped at one throw.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:40:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You win. Hands down. I've had a few scrapes and cuts.

A cat digging at the twins? They would never have found much left after that. CSI would have a hard time figuring out that one.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:46:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mine

Do we have an Icon for grimacing pain?  Holy shit man you win.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:53:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Cat clawed my lower lip, unprovoked. I still have the scar. About six months later I chunked that cat off a bridge into a river. Figured I'd let God take care of it, 'cause I was done!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:54:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Cat clawed my lower lip, unprovoked. I still have the scar. About six months later I chunked that cat off a bridge into a river. Figured I'd let God take care of it, 'cause I was done!

poor cat
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:59:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

poor cat

There's 100 billion more where that came from.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:01:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Would that be considered animal abuse? Just drop it off at a shelter, it might get put down, but that beats drowning...
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:02:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

poor cat

What, you don't have any faith that He'd take care of a cat like that?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:06:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Would that be considered animal abuse? Just drop it off at a shelter, it might get put down, but that beats drowning...

Going for a swim is animal abuse? I think not. It swam to shore, if it makes you feel better to know that. My apologies to the thread starter for the waste of space.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:12:56 PM EDT
[#15]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

poor cat

What, you don't have any faith that He'd take care of a cat like that?

LOL, I guess it worked for Moses
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:16:52 PM EDT
[#16]
My roommate's girlfriend in college(who lived with us) had a cat in our townhouse.  Fucker bit me through the skin around my eyebrow, after having scratched me numerous times.  Scar still visable.  I terrorized that cat for the rest of the year, to the point where it would see me and shit on the spot.  It's probably the cruelest I've ever been in my life.  Can't say I have any regrets.  

The big +1 on this:  the cat would see me, shit and then get it's ass kicked by my roommate when he got home.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:23:33 PM EDT
[#17]
I had a cat get caught in my brake pads...took about a week for the pieces to finally fall out..stunk like crazy too.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:24:40 PM EDT
[#18]
personally, i like cats.  they trust me,  even wild cats that wont let anyone touch them will let me pet/hold them.  now dogs on the other hand, have it out for me.  i must smell like a milkbone cause even the "friendly" ones try to bite me.

i have gotten a few nasty scratches though from playing to rough with the cats.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:25:16 PM EDT
[#19]
IBTPS (In before the PETA sympathizers)
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:29:42 PM EDT
[#20]
It wasn't a nasty injury but.........

my girlfriend made the mistake of playing too rough with her cat, when it was young, cute and harmless
it grew up to be a devil cat(trust me, its NO fun when they attack your "personal parts" during sex)
one day I was walking into the bedroom, as I was passing by the couch
the cat leaped up on the armrest, swiped her paw and took a one inch square out
of my blue jeans about halfway down the thigh, I couldn't believe it
eta: it made a flap, ripped on three sides
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:56:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Cat was trying to go outside, stopped him, picked up him, cat went nuts, dropped cat.

Cat got both inner thighs on the way down. Long nasty looking gashes.

Hes 14 or 15 years old now, not quite spry enough to cause that much damage anymore.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:07:47 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

when i was 7 years old, i tried to pet my sister's cat.  when i reached down, it jumped up and dug it's claws into my forearm.  my reaction was to pull back and i ended up with two long, deep cuts going from the inside of my elbow to my wrist.  this was the last straw, as that cat had attacked me without being provoked on numerous occasions.

well, we had a spiral staircase going up 3 floors at that house.  needless to say, that cat learned how to fly
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:19:14 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Truer words have never been spoken.  Most of the time a Siamese will bond to one person, and all others are the enemy.  One of my friends got married to a guy with a Siamese, and that cat hated her guts.  One night, in the middle of a dead sleep, that cat tore her face open in bed.  EVIL cat.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:56:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Back in high school I went to a buddies house and his moms cat was out in the front yard.  I went and picked up "Lionel", and all hell broke loose.  It was like trying to hold a blender on high.  I couldnt get away from that fucker fast enough.  20 some years later the scars are still visible.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:11:37 AM EDT
[#25]
I was trying to put my socks on one morning, and the cat jumped up and sat on my leg and got in my way.  I decided to decoy him out of the way by dangling the other sock a couple of feet away.  Bad idea.  He lept for the sock, and he dug in his back claws for traction -- into my leg.  Then they slipped, and he tore three parallel gashes down my calf to my ankle.  It bled quite a bit, and it took over a month for them to completely heal.  I wasn't mad at him, though.  It was my own dumb fault.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:14:40 AM EDT
[#26]
I have a scar on my leg where a "cat" bit me.  This cat happened to weigh 100 lbs and was dead when it bit me.  It must have had a date with Mircle Max and was only nearly dead all day as it had enough gumption to sink its teeth into my leg.

Patty
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:53:48 AM EDT
[#27]

Mountain Lion!????

DEEE-AMMMMM!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:22:30 AM EDT
[#28]
I have a six inch scratch on the top of my right forearm, a five inch scratch on the bottom of my right forearm and six puncture marks from bites on my bicep. A cat kicked my ass when I was kid, I've hated them since then.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:35:23 AM EDT
[#29]
I have quite a collection of scars on my right arm from a cat "jack rabbiting" it's hind legs while I held it down. I had blood dripping from every fingertip.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:38:25 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me ex-wife had a siamese, she called me at work crying one day saying he had gotten run over, one of the happiest days of my life That cat was pure evil. After an incident like you experienced I don;t think I would have stopped at one throw.

I was in a dead sleep. The bed was close to the bedroom door (which was open) and my instant reaction was to grab the offending critter and throw it through the door. I heard the cat hit the wall and slide down to the floor, and then nothing. No kitty running away noise, no mewing in pain, just dead silence.

I was convinced I had killed him, and my wife was going to be very very upset. After making sure that there were no obvious gaping wounds on my nutsack, I went back to sleep.

When I woke up, the demon cat from hell was snuggled up next to me purring. He would always want to be in my lap (I am not a cat person), and never growled at me again.

Our feral cat on the other hand, would lay into you if he wanted your spot on the couch. He was one of the most ill tempered animals I have ever had.

I'll stick with Pit Bulls, thankyewverrymuch! At least they're only sharp on one end....
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:46:43 AM EDT
[#31]
I had the sweetest cat growing up, dumb as a box of rocks but would walk into fire if I asked him to.

However one day I am holding him and petting him (and naming him george).

But my mom decided that now is a good time to vaccuum. (read vacuum = evil cat killing machine)

and he sticks striagh up and rakes both claws into the first thing he can (my arms)

I had scars for about 7 years down both arms.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:57:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Before my parents had the cat's de-clawed (just their front ones), they used to love playing "pounce on the Ed", from objects up high.

One summer, I was upstairs, and I had bent over to pick something up off the floor...and Bill (as in Bill D. Cat, and he sure as hell fits the bill mentally) went into flying attack cat mode, and jumped onto my back, claws first. I was wearing a white t-shirt.

I jumped up while Bill tried to disengage, took him a good 10 seconds of furious activity to get his claws out of my skin and shirt and get off of me.

My back didn't bleed too much but I was pissed...he ruined a good shirt.

That was about it, though. I was a horrible kid to them, too Every put a kitten in a paper bag?

Ever then picked up that bag and spun it up and down in a circle, like the world's fastest ferris wheel?

Don't do that if they still have claws...

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:14:09 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

She just wanted to play with your beanbag!

Seriously.

I can't find the pic now, but ya remember that "pwned" pic where the guy is swinging the cat overhead by its hindlegs? Yeah, that would've been what I was doing....repeatedly. Until the sonofabitch was dead.

No kitty attacks the napalm canisters and gets away with it.

On a lighter note, I had a roommate once that had this absolutely insane, idiotic, mean cat. Unprovoked aggression against me and my other roommate. We retaliated. Eventually that cat got to the point where it would shit itself if it saw us. We never beat it or anything, just scared the crap out of it.....literally.

Ever seen a cat with tape on its paws?

Ever seen a cat try to walk after you wrap an Ace bandage (not tight) around its torso?

Verrrrrrrrrrry interesting stuff.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:20:48 PM EDT
[#34]
I was sleeping on my buddy's couch one night, and his cat jumped up and went to sleep on my chest.  No big deal I thought.  Well at some point in the night, this fucking cat starts that "padding" thing (when they use their claws to stimulate milk from their mom) ON MY FUCKING FACE.  I about shit my pants and threw it towards my buddy's room.  It went in and I can only hope he suffered the same fate as I did.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:21:08 PM EDT
[#35]
I took all four canine teeth to the bone on my left index finger.

12 hours later the finger was swollen up like a sausage.

I spent two days in the hospital on intravenous antibiotics, then 10 more days at home with an infusion pump.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:28:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Got ya, My Parents cat scratched my legs when i was over there one time, they got infected and became Cellulitis, followed up by a doctor who was a moron and didn't treat it right.

Now at Age 35, I have Lymphedema from the damge the infection caused and get to deal with swelling legs and Spandex Compression socks up to my knees for the rest of my life. and if somethign aggravates it and the socks don't do the job i get to wrap Compression bangages around my legs, Like ACE bandages only hotter and they squeeze the juice outta your legs, they itch and cause some pretty nice cramps in my calves and shins and feet.

Anyone top that?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:32:07 PM EDT
[#37]
My dad and I were taking a cat to the vet one day.  Travelling down a country road at about 60 with cat in the back of the Cherokee.  Cat flips out, starts running and jumping and tearing the hell out of the truck, and us.  Dad rolls window down, no trip to vet needed!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top