Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/28/2005 10:52:58 AM EDT
Way back when: Lt. Calley addressed the jury and said, “Yesterday you stripped me of all my honor, please by your actions that you take here today, don’t strip future soldiers of their honor. I beg you.”

Today: But, yet, again, another true American Hero is stripped of honor. American Hero Lyndie England also suffered a same such vile indignation at the hands of her fellow combat veterans who handed down her unjust sentence. To strip such an American soldier as Lyndie England is not only unkind, and unjust, but also most profane.

For God's Sake! Have some decency! She is not only an authentic American hero, but she's also a mother!  

That's all I wanted to say. Any more thoughts out there on this matter?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:54:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I am more pissed at whoever leaked the photos.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:54:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Way back when: Lt. Calley addressed the jury and said, “Yesterday you stripped me of all my honor, please by your actions that you take here today, don’t strip future soldiers of their honor. I beg you.”

Today: But, yet, again, another true American Hero is stripped of honor. American Hero Lyndie England also suffered a same such vile indignation at the hands of her fellow combat veterans who handed down her unjust sentence. To strip such an American soldier as Lyndie England is not only unkind, and unjust, but also most profane.

For God's Sake! Have some decency! She is not only an authentic American hero, but she's also a mother!  

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:56:36 AM EDT
[#3]
People obtain honor by their actions and intentions.  Her only intentions so the media says was not to serve her country, but to get the $ and perks that being in the .mil provides.

She deserves what she got.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:56:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Personally, I agree 100% with what she did...what better way to demoralize Arab Muslim males than to have a woman, an unattractive woman, exhibiting power and control over them and humiliating them sexually?

Good for her...shame on the higher-ups for stopping it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:59:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Are you serious or are you being sarchastic?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:59:40 AM EDT
[#6]
As a .mil person I beleive that they should have never made the photos public. This could have been handled in house with a stiffly worded letter of....
PROMOTION!!!!!!! She should at least just be seperated and not serve time.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:00:03 AM EDT
[#7]
*snip snip snip*

Quoted:
What better way to demoralize males than to have an unattractive woman, exhibiting power and control over them and humiliating them sexually?

Hell that would bother me.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:00:35 AM EDT
[#8]
My high school football team did worse things for initiations.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:01:44 AM EDT
[#9]
You forgot to preface your tirade with "Trusted sources from South Florida..."
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:02:00 AM EDT
[#10]
3 years for taking pictures with naked terrorist POW's? What a waste. She should've just been discharged and this all been done.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:02:17 AM EDT
[#11]
What a joke.  She abuses people for no possible constructive purpose.  I don't think the photos should have been leaaked, NOR SHOULD THEY HAVE BEEN TAKEN.

I do not condone sadism.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:03:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Are you serious or are you being sarchastic?

To strip such an American soldier as Lyndie England is not only unkind, and unjust, but also most profane.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:04:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:05:00 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
You forgot to preface your tirade with "Trusted sources from South Florida..."

DAMN! Can I do it over?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:06:35 AM EDT
[#15]
She's a sadistic bully, and her stupidity probably incited further violence against other US troops. She's a disgrace to the military and to the country, and for people to call her a hero is sick.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:07:51 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
She's a sadistic bully, and her stupidity probably incited further violence against other US troops. She's a disgrace to the military and to the country, and for people to call her a hero is sick.

I concur.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:08:28 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't feel bad for what she did, rather that she let it come to the surface worldwide and likely expose our boys to a more dedicated, driven enemy.

If she was hot I think things would've gone down in a much different way.  Much better for her too.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
What a joke.  She abuses people for no possible constructive purpose.  I don't think the photos should have been leaaked, NOR SHOULD THEY HAVE BEEN TAKEN.

I do not condone sadism.

Exactly.  She is by no means a "hero."  Let's not devalue the meaning and place her on the same level as say, the passengers of Flight 93.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:10:34 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I can't beleive anybody even TOOK picture's.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:11:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Oh well.  I suppose she should have really earned her sentence. Maybe sent a few videos out to muslim families. Or beheaded these guys on camera, and then dumped their bodies in a street someplace.

That's what the popular muslim insurgent culture does. Liberals seem to think that they're pretty cool. We should want our soldiers to 'raise' themselves to the exacting standards of the opressed muslim people.

This shit makes me sick. Whowever released took those photos should be flogged.

Edited cause I honestly agree that their should have been no pictures.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:12:36 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I don't feel bad for what she did, rather that she let it come to the surface worldwide and likely expose our boys to a more dedicated, driven enemy.

If she was hot I think things would've gone down in a much different way.  Much better for her too.

You mean if she looked like this chick?

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:12:38 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I do not condone sadism.

I disagree, I think there was probably plenty of constructive purpose. I would bet money that the CIA or Mil Intel people told the guards effective techniques to break down the prisoners.

I am sure they were employing said techniques. Taking the photos was the mistake, and letting them get out was an even bigger mistake.

They were doing exactly the most humiliating and degrading things to a hardcore RoPer fundamentalist that you could, in order to break them down for more effective interogation. For a RoPer fundamentalist what was being done was worse than death. Hell, since they believe if they die in the service of allah, they get a bunch of virgins (doesn't say whether they would be male or female....) some goats, maybe some Feta and honey or some shit, death would have been preferable for them.....

They were dumb, they got caught. The ultimate handlers, whatever alphabet agency they might be from, will never let on that they told them what and how to do it....nor why.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:13:32 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/ZakkWylde470/CoupleaMK84_s.jpg

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:14:39 AM EDT
[#24]
well lets just see it in the light of Watergate.

She didn't do much that others have not done....she just got caught at it.

If anyone here is naive enough to think that in the past Americans have not shot unarmed prisoners..you would be wrong.  I am not talking about VN here, I am talking previous wars.  Yeah it happens, only when someone leaks info does it get made public and an example set. Does it really set an example or just placate the public?  I would say the latter.

People have to do what they have to do in combat situations but that doesn't make sadism correct but I can guarantee it still goes on today and will in every war or combat action.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:15:08 AM EDT
[#25]
I do not feel that she had any honor to strip.

She screwed around with married men, multiple men, in front of others.  She had no morals.

She took those under her control, who were helpless to resist, and humiliated them for fun.

Her obligations as a guard over these men was to make certain that they saw no harm on her watch and she caused them harm.

THERE IS NO HONOR IN WHAT SHE AND HER FELLOW SOLDIERS DID.  None.

If she had any honor at all she would have admitted her guilt so that a trial could have been avoided and less public shame fallen on the Army.  Some of this falls on me, because I am a member of that Army.

She was not stripped of Honor because she had no honor to be stripped of.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:15:58 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do not condone sadism.

I disagree, I think there was probably plenty of constructive purpose. I would bet money that the CIA or Mil Intel people told the guards effective techniques to break down the prisoners.

I am sure they were employing said techniques. Taking the photos was the mistake, and letting them get out was an even bigger mistake.

They were doing exactly the most humiliating and degrading things to a hardcore RoPer fundamentalist that you could, in order to break them down for more effective interogation. For a RoPer fundamentalist what was being done was worse than death. Hell, since they believe if they die in the service of allah, they get a bunch of virgins (doesn't say whether they would be male or female....) some goats, maybe some Feta and honey or some shit, death would have been preferable for them.....

They were dumb, they got caught. The ultimate handlers, whatever alphabet agency they might be from, will never let on that they told them what and how to do it....nor why.

you forgot.  when she gets out she will be employed as a consultant by the above alphabet agency
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:17:06 AM EDT
[#27]
it was stupid to take photos, but i don't think she should have to do any time.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:18:06 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

+1  Calling her a hero is an insult to anyone who ever donned a rifle and strapped on some boondockers.  Mistreating POW's may or not be against the UCMJ depending on the severity of the incident, but it goes against the spirit of the law and damages the credibility of the american fighting force abroad.  

I have more respect for Barbara Streisand.  She is a loony bitch, but she is consistant.  She stands up for what she believes and will defend her actions.   Lynndie England is a loony bitch that won't even defend her own actions.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:21:47 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do not condone sadism.

Even if that is true (and we can't say that it is) she was still committing an illegal act.  Her MOS is not interrogator, and she does not work for the Secret Army of Northern Virginia.  If she were a pro, there would have been no pictures, and no worldwide outrage.

My recollection is that half the men in her unit are Corrections types back home, and most of them had violations on their record.  In Iraq they could get away with things that they couldn't in the U.S.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:22:34 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
 Lynndie England is a loony bitch that won't even defend her own actions.  

That is a strong argument.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:23:59 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't beleive anybody even TOOK picture's.

Nazi's learned that one....
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:24:46 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/ZakkWylde470/CoupleaMK84_s.jpg

Not guilty by reason of arousal!

Edit: Sad but true.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:25:21 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 Lynndie England is a loony bitch that won't even defend her own actions.  

That is a strong argument.

It was meant to be.  Her lawyers and her testimony have both argued that because of her upbringing she has diminished capacity and poor if any decision making skills.  What she was doing in uniform and not in a halfway house for the mentally deficient is beyond me.  Her recruiter should face charges as well.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:27:18 AM EDT
[#34]
She got what she deserved and the sentence was more than fair.

There is no place for the wierd, sexual, sadistic bullshit she took part in. Not in the military, not in any prsion, not in any society.

Sad that she has to go to prison but "don't do the crime if you can't do the time."

Good riddance, PFC Lyndie.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:27:32 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1  Calling her a hero is an insult to anyone who ever donned a rifle and strapped on some boondockers.  Mistreating POW's First of all, I think it is going a bit far to classify them as POW's...in order to meet that definition they have to satisfy certai requirements. I have a feeling very few of those were captured while wearing a dinstinctive uniform or indentifying symbol showing them to be part of an organized fighting force and carrying arms openly. may or not be against the UCMJ depending on the severity of the incident, but it goes against the spirit of the law and damages the credibility of the american fighting force abroad.  And as far as mistreatment....Hell, if stripping those Aholes down and leading them around with a dog collar led to information being retrieved that saved one American life from an IED or terrorist cell, I say stock up on dog collars...just don't get caught

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y82/DVR9/lyndie--180x230.jpg

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y82/DVR9/lyndie.jpg

I have more respect for Barbara Streisand.  She is a loony bitch, but she is consistant.  She stands up for what she believes and will defend her actions.   Lynndie England is a loony bitch that won't even defend her own actions.  

Is she smart....probably not. Is she pretty...not by a long shot. Is she a hero...the way I define a hero....no, but she did put on the uniform, and did go in country, so I give her more credit than the liberal scumbags sitting in this country bitching about the war and hating our soldiers.

I stand by my thought that she was following the orders from somewhere above by either Army Intel, or an alphabet agency. They were practicing psy-ops against potential intel sources in order to break their will...but no one will come out and say it.

And the fucker that leaked the photos....he needs a blanket party...every night for the rest of his life. His actions endangered American lives ultimately....
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:34:42 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1  Calling her a hero is an insult to anyone who ever donned a rifle and strapped on some boondockers.  Mistreating POW's First of all, I think it is going a bit far to classify them as POW's...in order to meet that definition they have to satisfy certai requirements. I have a feeling very few of those were captured while wearing a dinstinctive uniform or indentifying symbol showing them to be part of an organized fighting force and carrying arms openly. may or not be against the UCMJ depending on the severity of the incident, but it goes against the spirit of the law and damages the credibility of the american fighting force abroad.  And as far as mistreatment....Hell, if stripping those Aholes down and leading them around with a dog collar led to information being retrieved that saved one American life from an IED or terrorist cell, I say stock up on dog collars...just don't get caught

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y82/DVR9/lyndie--180x230.jpg

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y82/DVR9/lyndie.jpg

Is she smart....probably not. Is she pretty...not by a long shot. Is she a hero...the way I define a hero....no, but she did put on the uniform, and did go in country, so I give her more credit than the liberal scumbags sitting in this country bitching about the war and hating our soldiers.

I stand by my thought that she was following the orders from somewhere above by either Army Intel, or an alphabet agency. They were practicing psy-ops against potential intel sources in order to break their will...but no one will come out and say it.

And the fucker that leaked the photos....he needs a blanket party...every night for the rest of his life. His actions endangered American lives ultimately....

Have you ever served?  No flame intended, but nobody has to follow illegal orders.  What she did was wrong.  If she was orderded to do so, the person issueing the orders was wrong.  Either way, she got a just punishment for her crimes.  You can bet that if someone in Leavenworth does to her what she did to others, there would be a SHITSTORM the likes of which would make Watergate look like a NY subway pickpocketing.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:57:13 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Have you ever served?  No flame intended, but nobody has to follow illegal orders.  What she did was wrong.  If she was orderded to do so, the person issueing the orders was wrong.  Either way, she got a just punishment for her crimes.  You can bet that if someone in Leavenworth does to her what she did to others, there would be a SHITSTORM the likes of which would make Watergate look like a NY subway pickpocketing.

Yes, I have...19E in the Guard, made it to a 3rd year Cadet in ROTC until I broke my ankle....Desert Storm time period...

And I know no one has to follow an illegal order.

But I'm here to tell you, if I was still in, and with my unit in a combat zone, and someone told me..."see that guy, he has info that could save your life or that of your buddies, just beat it out of him" and I thought that was true, guess what, I'd drag his ass behind a tent and beat him until he told me the info.

You think VC or NVA weren't tortured (one way or another) at times during Vietnam in order to gain info? Or other enemies in other wars?

Look, I am not saying she is innocent of what she was charged with, clearly, thanks to the stupidty of taking photo's, and the douchebag whistle blower, who apparently cared more about the enemy than other US troops, she is.

I think she is being made an example of. I think the sentence is harsh. I think the military is caving to the pressure of a liberal media and liberals in this country who will use every opportunity they can get to blacken the eye of our military.

I just think that people who think that these guy (and girls) who did this, just did it on their own, are wrong.

Of course I may be wrong, its just my opinion, but thats how I feel....
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:03:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Dude, someone said "strip" and "Lyndie England" in the same sentence.  BTW, the Queen of England just called the President and asked if the Court would change her name to Lyndie France.

True story.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:09:10 PM EDT
[#39]
The word 'Hero' means absoultely nothing anymore. It is handed out to everyone for absolutely nothing.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:13:24 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
The word 'Hero' means absoultely nothing anymore. It is handed out to everyone for absolutely nothing.

That I think we can all agree on...its like when they hand out ribbons to everyone in those elementary school field days, it gets to the point where things don't mean anything anymore.

If everyone can get one, its not special anymore....
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:15:03 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
As a .mil person I beleive that they should have never made the photos public. This could have been handled in house with a stiffly worded letter of....
PROMOTION!!!!!!! She should at least just be seperated and not serve time.

Bull.  What Calley did was just as wrong as that done by England.  She was NOT trained in corrections and her contact with prisoners was criminal.  It did NOTHING to help the cause.

Calley was at least in combat operations when he did wrong.  

It is impossible to PROVE the officers KNEW of these illegal actions.  The NCOs present paid dearly...that this PFC got only three years is fitting.  Had she disobeyed a lawful order, at most she would have been docked rank and pay.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:24:01 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, I have...19E in the Guard, made it to a 3rd year Cadet in ROTC until I broke my ankle....Desert Storm time period...

And I know no one has to follow an illegal order.

But I'm here to tell you, if I was still in, and with my unit in a combat zone, and someone told me..."see that guy, he has info that could save your life or that of your buddies, just beat it out of him" and I thought that was true, guess what, I'd drag his ass behind a tent and beat him until he told me the info.

You think VC or NVA weren't tortured (one way or another) at times during Vietnam in order to gain info? Or other enemies in other wars?

Look, I am not saying she is innocent of what she was charged with, clearly, thanks to the stupidty of taking photo's, and the douchebag whistle blower, who apparently cared more about the enemy than other US troops, she is.

I think she is being made an example of. I think the sentence is harsh. I think the military is caving to the pressure of a liberal media and liberals in this country who will use every opportunity they can get to blacken the eye of our military.

I just think that people who think that these guy (and girls) who did this, just did it on their own, are wrong.

Of course I may be wrong, its just my opinion, but thats how I feel....

Thank you for your service, but if there is torture going on, I don't want to know about it.  What happens outside the chain of command stays outside the chain of command.  We agree on that, and the fact that the asshole who took and released the pics should endure a lengthy blanket party.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:27:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:27:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Scapegoat.....meanwhile beheadings still go on by the bad guys...
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:35:16 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Scapegoat.....meanwhile beheadings still go on by the bad guys...

That is a weak argumnet....Beheadings will go on, even as prisinors in Gitmo gained an avg of 18lbs.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:55:18 PM EDT
[#46]
WE ARE AT FUCKING WAR PEOPLE

IF HUMILIATING TERRORISTS BY MAKING THEM WEAR WOMENS PANTIES ON THEIR HEADS WILL SAVE AMERICAN LIVES, OR GARNER VALUABLE INTELLIGENCE DATA....THEN IT IS FINE BY ME

TERRORISTS DESERVE ALL THE HUMILIATION (AND PANTIES) WE CAN HEAP ON THEM

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:07:52 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
WE ARE AT FUCKING WAR PEOPLE

IF HUMILIATING TERRORISTS BY MAKING THEM WEAR WOMENS PANTIES ON THEIR HEADS WILL SAVE AMERICAN LIVES, OR GARNER VALUABLE INTELLIGENCE DATA....THEN IT IS FINE BY ME

TERRORISTS DESERVE ALL THE HUMILIATION (AND PANTIES) WE CAN HEAP ON THEM

This post shows an obvious lack of reading as to the purpose of Abu Ghraib.  Not everyone there knows something, and if they did, the best way to get it from them does not involve rednecks, sluts, or the National Guard.

The photos will cause more American deaths than torturing some Watermelon farmer who looked suspicious ever would.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:09:37 PM EDT
[#48]
While I could certainly never prove it, I have absolutely no doubt personally that the actions of her and her cohorts have hurt the war on terror and have indirectly cost the lives of other American soldiers.

For absolutely nothing.  

If the war in Iraq is worth fighting, then it’s worth winning.  And this was a step in the opposite direction.

If some “feel-good” humiliation of Iraqi prisoners is more important to us than winning, we shouldn’t be there.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:11:05 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Why? The conduct being portrayed was not proper and cannot be condoned.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:11:33 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

True American Hero?!?

And who gives a shit about being a mother, crack whores have kids. Doesn't mean shit.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top