BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2005 5:23:01 AM EDT

Sheehan: 'I Have to Pay My Bills, Too'
By Nathan Burchfiel
CNSNews.com Correspondent
September 28, 2005

College Park, MD (CNSNews.com) - Anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan recently signed on with a speakers' bureau, and her appearance on the lecture circuit drew mixed reaction Tuesday night, especially from her younger supporters at the University of Maryland.

Sheehan, whose son Casey was killed in the Iraq war in 2004, took part in a discussion organized by the Democracy Collaborative, a university-sponsored group that works to "strengthen democracy" by addressing "democratic dilemmas in theoretical and practical ways," according to its website.

Sheehan left before the floor was opened to students for a question-and-answer session. Event moderator Gar Alperovitz, a professor at the university and the founder of the Democracy Collaborative, told students that Sheehan was not well. "She's in the back and very, very ill and I think also upset so she's not going to be coming back."

Before the event, Sheehan met with reporters to discuss her plans for the future. She said she didn't think her contract with Speaking Matters LLC will distract from her message.

"This is a society where people make money doing what they do and I have to pay my bills, too," she told Cybercast News Service.

"I love doing this and I do it for free," Sheehan continued. She said she has been spending her own money to travel around the country in recent weeks to rally opposition to the war in Iraq.

Sheehan previously told Cybercast News Service that she was not taking money from organizations like MoveOn.org or private financiers like George Soros but that her recent 51-city bus tour was funded by "grassroots fundraising."

She said her contract with Speaking Matters, which has not yet disclosed how much a Sheehan appearance will cost, will help her "finally make some money ...'cause Casey's insurance money's going to run out pretty soon."....

Do I have a right to be upset that Sheehan is using insurance money from the military to bash Bush?

Shok
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:24:47 AM EDT
[#1]
No you don't have a right to be upset.  

But that woman is being funded by MoveOn.org and the People for the American Way.  She is not strapped for ANY cash

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:49:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey, maybe she'll catch AIDS from hanging out with all those dirty hippies.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:54:11 AM EDT
[#3]
She is not worth watching on TV or listening too.  Her son volunteered to join the Army.  Make no bones about it he was a great American.  But the profession he choose was dangerous and unfortunately he died.  

This is not Vietnam and there is no draft.  She needs to move on with life just like the other Americans who had.  She is a plublicity hound and she likes to hear herself talk.

Max
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:56:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
She is not worth watching on TV or listening too.  Her son volunteered to join the Army.  Make no bones about it he was a great American.  But the profession he choose was dangerous and unfortunately he died.  

This is not Vietnam and there is no draft.  She needs to move on with life just like the other Americans who had.  She is a plublicity hound and she likes to hear herself talk.

Max

+1.  The MSM has all but stopped covering her.  Her arrest on Monday didn't even rate a mention on the NBC Nightly News.

As for taking the money, I find it disgusting that she's living off Casey's insurance money to fund her anti-American campaign.  I know that is not what he would have intended it to go to.  If my personal views didn't agree with one of my kids and they were killed it would be dishonoring and disrespecting their life and memory to go against what they believed in.

FWIW - I heard she was unemployed anyway when all of this started.  Just another old, dried-up hippy POS.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:04:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Ghoul
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:08:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:32:13 AM EDT
[#7]

She's in the back and very, very ill and I think also upset

Zoloft and Prozac blending was a little off?  Bitch is wack!!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:36:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
She has raised "exploitation" to a new level--made despicable by the fact it's her own son.  

Yeah...I always thought Sarah Brady using her crippled husband like an organ grinder's monkey was exploitive, to say the least, but Sheehan's gig might be even more disgusting.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:47:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top