Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2005 8:31:27 PM EDT
At there the first time tonight. Very good
Anybody who doesnt know its a mongolian grill that is a make your own stirfry stuff
You start by going to a buffet island and taking a bowl and then choosing a raw meat(from pork to shrimp and everything in between) then pick a noodle type and then vegetables all raw. Then you go to a sauce bar and mix different flavors to get things like sweet and sour and other creations.  Then go to a big round flat grill and the guys cook it right there and slap it on a plate.  

All you can eat goodness for $12 evening rate.  Good stuff try it if you have one
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:35:15 PM EDT
[#1]
What in the chocolate-covered Christ is HUHOT?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:38:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What in the chocolate-covered Christ is HUHOT?

Haha its a chain that we got about 6 months ago. Basically "chinese" food that you make your own way from start to finish.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:39:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds damn tasty.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:40:50 PM EDT
[#4]
It really is. Its almost overwhelming as far as selection and choices.  I just threw randomness together as I was trying to get the feel for what I was doing and it turned out damn good.  I might even go again tomarrow
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:52:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I like it, used to eat there once a week or so.

Funny story. One time a couple friends of mine and I were eating there and in walks Corey Taylor (Lead singer of Slipknot and Stone Sour) and a "entourage". You see alot of the Slipknot band members around Des Moines, just didn't expect to meet one at a Hu Hot.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:19:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I have to check it out.  They just opened about a month ago here.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:51:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Thought it was a new product from These Guys.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:45:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have to check it out.  They just opened about a month ago here.

Definately.  God I crave it now haha like crack or ARs
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:14:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh yeah.

HuHot is an awesome place to eat.  I always get one bowl of meat and then another bowl with the 'fixins.  I usually put about 3 spoons of the hottest shit they have (the name of it eludes me right now), a scoop of hot chili oil, a scoop of teriyaki, and one scoop of seseme oil.

The bad thing is I pay for it hte next morning.    Think of the worst "morning after" you've ever had with a certain favorite Mexican dish.... now triple the damage.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:17:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I like that place too, I visit the one near Southern Hills Mall.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:18:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like Mongolian Barbeque.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:20:09 PM EDT
[#12]
It's pretty F-inig good.  Don't go durinig the usual rush times though you will get bored.  do it at like 4:00 or something.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:17:42 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Oh yeah.

HuHot is an awesome place to eat.  I always get one bowl of meat and then another bowl with the 'fixins.  I usually put about 3 spoons of the hottest shit they have (the name of it eludes me right now), a scoop of hot chili oil, a scoop of teriyaki, and one scoop of seseme oil.

The bad thing is I pay for it hte next morning.    Think of the worst "morning after" you've ever had with a certain favorite Mexican dish.... now triple the damage.  

Haha amen to that.  Every sauce is oil based.  Your lucky if you made it till the next morning haha I hardly made it to the parking lot.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:45:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Mongolian BBQ... it's okay. Unless you master the art of bowl stuffing, it's sort of a ripoff because the fixings shrink way way down in volume.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:00:08 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Mongolian BBQ... it's okay. Unless you master the art of bowl stuffing, it's sort of a ripoff because the fixings shrink way way down in volume.

What does it matter, since HuHot lets you go up as many times as you want?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:05:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Aaah see.. now THAT'S a big difference!!

We don't have Hu Hot around here. Just family owned Mongolian BBQ places.
Top Top