Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2005 5:08:04 PM EDT
Ok...

I showed you guys the place I was working...
I showed you guys Buckshot the deer....

Now...

LOVEBUGS!

These are pics after a trip from the coast to Hattiesburg and back.

Front view...windshield and front.

The window

The bumper

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWw

Close up.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:10:14 PM EDT
[#1]
You need to get them cleaned off as soon as possible.  I worked down there the first 2 weeks after the hurricane, and the locals told me that they had some kind of acid in them that would take the paint off.

I sure hate those things!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:11:40 PM EDT
[#2]
unless that's a rental, clean it quick!

How do you like the HHR?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:13:03 PM EDT
[#3]
i just rented an HHR, and I did not like it at all.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:19:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You need to get them cleaned off as soon as possible.  I worked down there the first 2 weeks after the hurricane, and the locals told me that they had some kind of acid in them that would take the paint off.

I sure hate those things!!

Rental. I give a crap less.  Just......Wild.  I had no idea there were this many bugs.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
unless that's a rental, clean it quick!

How do you like the HHR?

HHR?  

No idea.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:20:58 PM EDT
[#6]
took a trip there several years ago with a brand new truck....2 days old
when i got back to dallas i had luvbugs covering my windshield so bad they had to be taken off with a metal spatula..
after many attempts to clean it, i realized they were imbedded in the glass, never came out. replaced the glass finally about 3 months later
and yes they will eat the paint off if left on.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
took a trip there several years ago with a brand new truck....2 days old
when i got back to dallas i had luvbugs covering my windshield so bad they had to be taken off with a metal spatula..
after many attempts to clean it, i realized they were imbedded in the glass, never came out. replaced the glass finally about 3 months later
and yes they will eat the paint off if left on.

I belive it.

It's a rental.

I give two craps less........Though, I don't understand why anyone would have anew car here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top