Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2005 2:16:20 PM EDT
Today, one year ago, I joined this site.

I am very happy I did it, because I have leaned a lot and of course, gotten entertained from this site.

Thank you to the Avilas for putting up IMO one of the greatest sites on the net.

Thank you to the anonmyous person who donated my team membership-whoever it is!

Thank you to all of you on the site for just being great people.  ARFCOM is a great community and it really symbolizes a community.

Again, I say thank you.

Regards,
Deej86
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:44:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't be impolite if I bumped this would I?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:45:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:47:51 PM EDT
[#3]
And I'm glad glad glad you're alive
And I'm glad glad glad glad glad glad glad you're a glide.

-- Phish
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:56:57 PM EDT
[#4]
That's a real nice post, deej!

It's the first board I go to every morning, and end the night with.

HH
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:58:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That's a real nice post, deej!

It's the first board I go to every morning, and end the night with.

HH

Thanks! Me too!

(I do spend a lot of time at Husker Central though!) In fact, I will pop in right now.)

Welcome to the team!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:01:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey, HH, Herbie won! mb7.scout.com/fnebraska13914frm1
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:01:45 PM EDT
[#7]
questions. Are you a man or a woman?

are you conservative or liberal?

XM193 or M855?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:06:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

XM193 or M855?

Male, Conservative, and I don't know enough about either 2 in the last question sorry.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:24:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

XM193 or M855?

Male, Conservative, and I don't know enough about either 2 in the last question sorry.  

I wasnt sure about the first 2 so i had to ask. The 3rd was thrown in just for the heck of it.

however if youd like to learn more about .223/5.56mm you can visit the Ammo Oracle

Cheers.

ETA: M855 seems to work pretty good out of a full 20" barrel but not shorter barrel elngths such as 16". If you are looking for a good general purpose ammo for the AR15 XM193 is a great choice. it wont do any wonderful tricks but will have the velocity to break up (even out of a 16" barrel) to cause enough wound damage to put an enemy down for the count. The trouble with the 5.56mm that has been faced over the past few years is that as the military switches to the shorter carbine, the M855 which was designed for a 20" barrel isnt getting enough velocity out of the 14.5" barrels to break up properly and cause the wound that it should.

OTOH a 5.56mm certainly isnt going to make the greatest wound in the world but out of a 16" barrel XM193 would be a better choice. There are of course better ammo types available especially from Black Hills, but XM193 is a good general purpose round.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top