Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2005 7:56:03 AM EDT
I've found the instructions for the bolt, but not for the rifle itself.  Mine will be arriving today sometime, and I'd like to clean it up before the Chiefs beat Denver's ass.  Are they easy to strip like an SKS?  I can't seem to find instructions anywhere.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:05:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Got a screwdriver?   That's all it takes.  Nothing to it.   just keep a kitchen zip lock bag nearby for collecting the parts so you don't lose anything.  Pretty simple.  Enjoy.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:07:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I was hoping it'd be that easy.  The M44 was a sinch.  The SKS could have been put together by a 10 year old,  I didn't think it'd be too hard, but you never know if you need a special tool or a certain trick to get a piece off.  

KC          34
Denver   20
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:08:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:28:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Here ya go, you owe me a beer!
www.surplusrifle.com/swissk31/rifledisassembly/index.asp

Yup, the same site I used for my instructions.  The K31 is surprisingly easy to disassemble, really.  The bolt is a little more complex, but with proper instructions isn't all that difficult at all.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:33:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Here ya go, you owe me a beer!
www.surplusrifle.com/swissk31/rifledisassembly/index.asp

Yup, the same site I used for my instructions.  The K31 is surprisingly easy to disassemble, really.  The bolt is a little more complex, but with proper instructions isn't all that difficult at all.

Shhh, don't tell anyone!
It just amazes people that I can field strip damn near any weapon they can bring me.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:33:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Perfect!  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:46:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Getting the K31 bolt apart is pretty easy, had to use the surplus rifle website to get it back together though. For as often as you'll have to disassemble the bolt, print the instructions to keep in a notebook.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top