Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/26/2005 5:13:25 AM EDT
I was watching John Carpenter's Vampires and thought of my visit to Cerrillos, NM.  That's the town that the final scene in Vampires was filmed.  What would you do if:

1. Group of vampires moves into town.  Located off the Turquoise Trail - in the middle of a whole lot of nothing.
2. Slowly turning the population of roughly 300 into the undead.
3. You only know that the neighbors have been disappearing, going on extended "vacations", etc.
4. You catch a glimpse of vampires moving from house to house.
5. It is 7PM and the sun has set.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:15:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:18:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
No problem.  I've watched Van Helsing several times.

What you need is a werewolf....

CJ

I assume that you would have that chained?

You really don't want that running the whole house.  Maybe a few puppy/child gates would keep it contained in the kitchen and laundry room.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:19:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

CJ

Full auto/select fire, auto loading uses High cap mags CROSSBOW......
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:20:37 AM EDT
[#4]
After watching 7 seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, 3 seasons of Angel and who knows how many vampire movies.  I have come to the solid conclusion that bullets don't kill vampires, but they do hurt them.

So knowing bullets hurt.  Its bang bang bang bang bang....and stake them while their down.

I also would start filling hollow points with wood pulp.

Also....decapitation dusts vamps.......so a few 5.56's to the head might take off enough head to dust them.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:43:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:52:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Can someone explain the end of that movie to me?  It seems that John Carpenter simply ran out of ideas to end the movie.  The head vampire could fly at 50+ mph, slice his hand through a person, but just stands there when the vampire hunter is rescued by his buddy.

The only thing worse than the pot-bellied, disorganized vampire-hunting crew was their tactics.   Who would go into a “nest” in broad daylight without first busting out all the windows to let in as much sunlight as possible, then use breaching charges on the doors?   Bayonets on WW1 12 ga. trench shottys would have been far better than those silly spears.

The movie started out bad, had a few good scenes in the middle but ended even worse.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:52:32 AM EDT
[#7]
poke tooth picks in the ends of my HP bullets..
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:01:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CJ

Full auto/select fire, auto loading uses High cap mags CROSSBOW......

+1 on the crossbow but add some holy water and a sunlamp to your arsenal.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:03:15 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm thinking, fortify a position in the house.  Try to bunker down and not make any noise or sign of occupancy.  Be prepared for an all-out assault.  I'm thinking AR and a dozen mags, Mossy 500 with 100rds #4 shot, Glock 17 & 26 with 5 mags on my person, 1911 and 10 mags sitting at finger tips.  As many stakes as I can make with the mop, broom, and plunger.

I like the idea of shoot 'em then stake them.

The situation gets complicated once you add the wife, 4yo, yippy dog in a ranch style house with basement.  I have no room without windows.  The basement is a bad choice due to windows and bilco door.  1st floor is rough due to windows/doors and a basement floor that can be compromised.  The attic is a good option, but getting the armament in place without drawing attention from the blood-suckers may be tough.  The tight attic will limit the bad-guy's movements and I can access the garage from the attic.  Escape in a car will be very difficult, but still an option.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:09:40 AM EDT
[#10]
I would make best friends with this guy

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:13:44 AM EDT
[#11]
If I had to become a monster and I had my choice, I'd choose to be a vampire.  

Werewolves: too furry and there's always the flea issue
Zombie: too stupid, stinky, and slow.  Not to mention the phrase "eat me" wouldn't have the same zing
mummy: Ya gotta wait around too long to have any action.  5,000 years in a pyramid 'till someone just happens to wake you up.  BORING
swamp thing: too icky

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:23:13 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Zombie: too stupid, stinky, and slow.  Not to mention the phrase "eat me" wouldn't have the same zing
mummy: Ya gotta wait around too long to have any action.  5,000 years in a pyramid 'till someone just happens to wake you up.  BORING

Always good to see someone with well-defined goals in life
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:27:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Always good to see someone with well-defined goals in life

Just pointing out that if his holy water super soaker and rapid fire crossbow fail him at least it's not sooooo bad.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:32:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Take pictures and start a VBOTD thread
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:00:12 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I was watching John Carpenter's Vampires and thought of my visit to Cerrillos, NM.  That's the town that the final scene in Vampires was filmed.  What would you do if:

1. Group of vampires moves into town.  Located off the Turquoise Trail - in the middle of a whole lot of nothing.
2. Slowly turning the population of roughly 300 into the undead.
3. You only know that the neighbors have been disappearing, going on extended "vacations", etc.
4. You catch a glimpse of vampires moving from house to house.
5. It is 7PM and the sun has set.

I'd go Buffy on their ass, screw Angel, and then tell Giles to stop acting like a pompous twit and get some of his own when he tried to  chastize me.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:02:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Is that the movie with Fat Baldwin? That film sucked.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:06:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Eat lots of garlic
Invite the future mother in law over for dinner.
Lock the doors and pop a bag of popcorn w/ Ar and 1911 in hand.
post pics on ARFCOM later with a poll.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:35:19 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Is that the movie with Fat Baldwin? That film sucked.

Thats funny the Fat brother
The movie sucked but, I'm sure he made money off it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:46:15 AM EDT
[#19]
If this is the vampire, then my answer is, "Die happy"
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:02:14 AM EDT
[#20]
My solution is simple:

CWO
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:15:06 AM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:23:55 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
If this is the vampire, then my answer is, "Die happy"
us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/screen_gems/underworld__evolution/kate_beckinsale/evolution7.jpg

No, no, no ... that just kills the whole point of this thread.  I was looking for tactics and weaponry not jumping sides!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:27:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Something interesting: there is an antique Colt revolver chambered for .38 Special that gets traded around sometimes, they've run a couple articles about it: the gun itself is engraved is engraved with images of vampires, crucifixes, etc. On one grip are a couple little silver bats, like kill markers. The box it comes with has inside it a mirror, a crucifix fashioned into a sharpened stake, a small vial labeled "holy water" with, you guessed it, holy water in it, a small compartment that apparently held cloves of garlic, judging by the scent, and six cartridges, one of them spent, with bullets made of solid silver and engraved to look like the heads of snarling vampires.

Somebody in the late 1800's/early 1900's either had a sense of humor or a sense of the dramatic. Probably both.

Also, I've been told by many an old farmer/rancher, that if there's something preying on the livestock or people that "just ain't normal" (the description rarely goes beyond that and a shudder), nothing "fixes it" better than a double-barrel shotgun loaded with pre-1965 silver dimes instead of buckshot. I'll take their word for it and save the silver for something better.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:29:19 AM EDT
[#24]
8mm Mauser rifle with wooden practice rounds.  Aim for the heart.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:38:48 AM EDT
[#25]
I thought you need a wooden stake for vampires?

CWO
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:51:57 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

True, all that.  But how's about a ghost?  That would be cool.  You still keep your looks, but noone but other ghosts can see you.  you can flit about in your old stomping grounds, and see how much people miss you.  Assuming they would.  Miss you, I mean.  Course, I'd need to kill any new girlfriend my boyfriend found, so maybe that wouldn't be such a good idea.  

Hmm...back to the drawing board.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:05:43 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Democrat/Zombie: too stupid, stinky, and slow.  Not to mention the phrase "eat me" wouldn't have the same zing

Fixed it.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:17:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Seems to me you can kill a Vamp by piercing its heart(not just with a wooden stake) or doing severe damage to his brain pan. So I think my AR with enough Mags/Ammo should do the trick.

Problem is so many documentaries skew the truth about how you can kill a Vampire we should launch an inquiry into said issue to ascertain the truth BEFORE its to late
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:24:29 AM EDT
[#29]
That movie sucked.  

Read the book, it is awesome.  

John Steakley also wrote Armor.  

His books are a wild ride.  

As for defeating the vampires?

I'd rather be one!    
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:31:52 AM EDT
[#30]
well.......   in the War of Northern Agression there are reports of soldiers using wood for bullets when lead was in short supply.....

I used to make silver bullets and silver palted mahogany and ash bullets for people who beleived in Vamps....

so that would work, or I woudl burn the whole town to the ground
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:42:50 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
in the War of Northern Agression

I love that so much.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:59:57 AM EDT
[#32]
I say screw it.  Let em bitwe ya and turn ya.  Of all the undead creatures being a vampire would be KING.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:24:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Supersoaker with holy water.  That would work, but, I have to admit, I haven't been preparing myself for vampire attacks.  I'm trying to figure out what to do with the available resources.  I mean, the ones I would have available if it weren't for the great 2005 Yardley flood and my canoe accident.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:27:43 AM EDT
[#34]
I've already had a long relationship with a vamp.  Lets says it was an interesting learning experience.  Witches and vamps go together nicely and OMG F'ING GOD WAS IT A SEDUCTIVE SWEET 6 MONTHS!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:31:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Lesbian vampires. That's what I'd do.

Karnstein baby.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:34:50 AM EDT
[#36]
I'd ask to be converted.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:05:12 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I'd ask to be converted.

Hell yeah.

Live forever.
Super powers.
Sleep all day.

Sounds like a good life.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:12:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Fight till the bitter end!!!!!!!
warning BOTD..
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:21:00 AM EDT
[#39]
IBTL
but my oh my giving blood never looked so fun!

If the red cross would learn from the above, thay would have all the blood donors they could ever need!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:31:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Right click, save as.

THIS THREAD MUST LIVE!

-DagNasty
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:34:01 AM EDT
[#41]

Are those vampire chicks?

That one needs to learn to swallow.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:38:12 AM EDT
[#42]
I would go completely hollywood - Dual Hand guns (1911's)
An AR (CQ sling) And a short barrel shotgun strapped to the back - And of course sometype of sword (for lopping off heads)

I have two room mates - Would probably have one of them carry a few stakes - sword - ammo - a hand gun or two (for support) - Maybe have another roommate on the roofs just in case

Maybe some napalm : )

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:16:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Don't leave us hanging, give us more information about the antique colt revolver.
Sounds as if it belonged to a vampire hunter.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:10:40 PM EDT
[#44]
I would stay in my house until morning. Vampires can not come into your home unless you invite them.

Once the sun is up. Stake them or leave the town.

At least that is how it is in every other vampire movie.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:01:13 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Don't leave us hanging, give us more information about the antique colt revolver.
Sounds as if it belonged to a vampire hunter.

I remember seeing it in Handguns or Guns and Ammo between 1989 and 1995.  Google time.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:10:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Wood stakes will fit in a .50 cal sabot right?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:39:06 PM EDT
[#47]

Here's one Vampire Kit.  Sold at Sotheby's for $12,000 a few years ago.  Of all places I found it on some hippy's website.  He had it along with pictures of Rummy drinking blood (http://signs-of-the-times.org/signs/signs297.htm).

This is not the one discussed in an earlier post.  That thing was excellent.  Engraved revolver, bullets sculpted into dracula heads.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:54:01 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Lesbian vampires. That's what I'd do.

Karnstein baby.

"See you next month."
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:06:47 AM EDT
[#49]
How bout dust off and nuke the place from orbit?

( you know somebody had to say it )
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:34:51 AM EDT
[#50]
I would definately want a melee weapon of some sort. A broadsword or maybe an axe.

Rather than enter  vampire infested buildings, I would simply wait for daylight and torch them. Molotov cocktails would be a very useful weapon.

I would definately stop by the church for some holy water. A sprayer will definately be part of the kit.

Firearms? A 12ga shotgun with buckshot, maybe some slugs.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top