Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2005 9:32:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:33:15 AM EDT
[#1]
What weapon is that supposed to be compatible with?  M16 type?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:36:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:40:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:18:42 AM EDT
[#4]
$120!  Since Kel-Tec can make a pistol for $200, a knife wouldn't cost nearly that much!  Also, given Kel-Tec's horrible quality problems and poor customer service, there's no way I'd pay them that much for just a knife.z
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:37:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
$120!  Since Kel-Tec can make a pistol for $200, a knife wouldn't cost nearly that much!  Also, given Kel-Tec's horrible quality problems and poor customer service, there's no way I'd pay them that much for just a knife.z

Quality issues and poor customer service?

Really?

We experienced the exact opposite.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:41:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Thats a very expensive knife. Not sure what market they are shooting for.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:43:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:07:46 AM EDT
[#8]
What's the deal with Kel-tec's obsession with folding things?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:13:58 AM EDT
[#9]
It's to mount on the Kel-Tec SU-16B I believe.  I have an SU-16A and it's been 100% reliable.  I shot a case of Wolf through it just to see how it would handle it.  No problems.  I needed a part for the front site and it arrived two days later.  Same thing with other parts that I purchased from them.  

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:14:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What's the deal with Kel-tec's obsession with folding things?

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:57:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quality issues and poor customer service?

Really?

We experienced the exact opposite.

Me too...They are awesome.

My Keltec sub2000 has experienced 2 less malfunctions than my Glock....I have had two FTE's with my Glock 22.....and no problems with my sub rifle, so there!!!

Keltec replaced my broken front sight for free and within a week...it was my fault too!

roy d...with the other side of the story
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:35:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Also, given Kel-Tec's horrible quality problems and poor customer service

Wanna give examples or are you just going to spout
FUD?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:37:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

for combat use i'd agree. but it might make a handy utility knife that in a pinch could serve in that capacity. might be a bit easier to carry in a bob.

Agreed. Let's face it: If you find yourself NEEDING a bayonet, your karma just went to shit, anyway...
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:39:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Dude if that was made by Kershaw or Gerber I'd think about it but $120.00 maybe not.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:40:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

me neither, but my guess is that collectors will get em

not to mention, its around the same price as a M9 bayo....

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:42:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:26:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Expensive?  
Have you seen what people charge for all those so called "tactical" knives?  You're getting off cheap at 300$ with the majority of them.

Personally, I buy those 10$ folding Tanto copies and throw them away when they break.(Assuming I don't lose it first).
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:03:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

kinda what i was thinking

It seems like it would\should be legal in your car with your trunk gun
where a "non-folding" bayonet (in Houston) would NOT be legal in your car
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:09:44 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Also, given Kel-Tec's horrible quality problems and poor customer service

Wanna give examples or are you just going to spout
FUD?

Why call BS for something you obviously know nothing about?

The dozens and dozens of examples of their poorly made pieces of junk and horrific customer service here, on falfiles.com, the Kel-Tec mailing list, and ktog.org aren't enough for you?  Kel-Tec makes some of the worst products in the industry and have the worst customer service of any firearms-related company I've ever experienced.  I can't believe they're still in business with the way they operate.

Here's pictures of my P-32:

users.upstate.net/zoom/P-32/

It's been back to Kel-Tec three times.  They haven't replaced the barrel, the frame, or replaced the cheap little slide stop spring with something that works.  I know they didn't test fire the pistol the last two times they had it since the assembly pin wouldn't stay in place.  It will fall-out if I hold the pistol sideways.  They claim to have a warranty, but they refused to even replace a tiny, but important, spring that maybe costs a $1.  Here's a picture of the little spring:

Since shipping was $35-40 each time, I have wasted more than half the value of the pistol already in just shipping.  I've got $256 for the pistol, nine months of time that I wasted trying to get it to work, $110+ for shipping for a trip to Kel-Tec, ~$15 in repair parts, $18 * 3 for three magazines (bought after Kel-Tec kept telling me the problem with the assembly pin falling-out had to be the magazine which anyone that knows anything about those guns knows is a lie), ~$140 for 700 rounds of about nine different types of ammo to try to "work-through" the problem, $65 wasted for the concealed carry class that I got kicked-out of after my slide went down range twice, and $8 * 10 for 10 trips to the range (not including gas for the 102 mile trip).  That's $720 for a piece of junk that still needs $180 worth of repair parts ($90 for frame + $90 for barrel).  Go ahead and argue with the pictures.

If Kel-Tec cared about customer service, they'd test fire the guns before selling them and definitely test fire them before sending them back after a repair.  There's no excuse for shipping a firearm back to someone that will fall apart when fired or for not replacing cheap small parts that are obviously broken.z
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:27:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Folding bayonet for a folding carbine. Huh.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:52:32 PM EDT
[#21]
as something to collect, cool. As something to use... well, I'd like to have one for my collection
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:00:37 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
as something to collect, cool. As something to use... well, I'd like to have one for my collection

Me too........I need a folding bayonet for my collection and at 120.00 why not!!!!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:41:58 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Why call BS for something you obviously know nothing about?

Because I own a P32 and a Sub2000 and read as many
stories of how KT has made good on problems and are
receptive to user input.

Sorry that you got a bum gun, but that does not mean that
everyone of them is shit. Oh, and I know that you are not
happy with KelTec, but to blame them for your CCW class
is a stretch. Who takes a CCW class with a gun that you
are not confident with and/or have not used enough to
notice a glaring problem? That one is on you...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top