Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2005 5:57:10 PM EDT
On my way home from work I stopped by the Wally World near my house. Suprisingly they had ammo. I live in one of the south west burbs of Chicago in Crook County. They don't sell guns there but they have lots of ammo. So I picked up 3 boxes of 100 rnd value packs of .45 and 1 value pack of 9mm ruger luger for a gun I don't own yet. They old guy behind the counter was nice kept his mouth shut and out the door I walked with 400 rounds.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:58:29 PM EDT
[#1]
what is the signifigance of this post??
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:59:52 PM EDT
[#2]
You big risk taker, you!

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:00:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
what is the signifigance of this post??

Chicago isnt friendly to our hobby....
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:00:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
of 9mm ruger

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:01:02 PM EDT
[#5]
you only got that much ammo, what you gonna do when zombies show up
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:02:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
On my way home from work I stopped by the Wally World near my house. Suprisingly they had ammo. I live in one of the south west burbs of Chicago in Crook County. They don't sell guns there but they have lots of ammo. So I picked up 3 boxes of 100 rnd value packs of .45 and 1 value pack of 9mm ruger for a gun I don't own yet. They old guy behind the counter was nice kept his mouth shut and out the door I walked with 400 rounds.

Is that like chineese 9mm luger

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:06:28 PM EDT
[#7]
That unit patch in your avatar. What unit is it?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:08:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
of 9mm ruger

Ok so I think I made the makers mark a little too strong. Damn booze.

The signifance to this all is. Here in the great state of chicago area damn daley is trying to take everything from us. He needs to get indited for all his bullshit and blogo needs to shit himself and leave us law abiding citizens who value the 2nd Amendment alone.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:09:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

It's the 25th infatry divison patch. Known as the Tropic Lighting or back in Vietnam known as the Electric Strawberries. It's my small way of honoring my Dad who was with them in Cambodia in 68.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:12:13 PM EDT
[#10]
"Electric Strawberries"

Now that is some good shit.....
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:16:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
"Electric Strawberries"

Now that is some good shit.....

I could put Blood Fire as my new avatar. Can anyone guess that unit?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:25:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
you only got that much ammo, what you gonna do when zombies show up

More importantly, what are you going to do when the gay ninja mutant alien zombies show up?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:35:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
On my way home from work I stopped by the Wally World near my house. Suprisingly they had ammo. I live in one of the south west burbs of Chicago in Crook County. They don't sell guns there but they have lots of ammo. So I picked up 3 boxes of 100 rnd value packs of .45 and 1 value pack of 9mm ruger luger for a gun I don't own yet. They old guy behind the counter was nice kept his mouth shut and out the door I walked with 400 rounds.

A couple of weeks ago I went to Academy and bought the 250 round Remington 9mm value pack. The old codger behind the counter couldn't help but throw in "250 rounds? That's alot of shootin'".

I never imagined I'd hear something like that in Texas. 250 rounds is 1 1/2 hours at the range.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:37:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh my god you bought real ammo? what are you going to do with that?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:37:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
On my way home from work I stopped by the Wally World near my house. Suprisingly they had ammo. I live in one of the south west burbs of Chicago in Crook County. They don't sell guns there but they have lots of ammo. So I picked up 3 boxes of 100 rnd value packs of .45 and 1 value pack of 9mm ruger for a gun I don't own yet. They old guy behind the counter was nice kept his mouth shut and out the door I walked with 400 rounds.

Is that like chineese 9mm luger

Yes.
Similar to a Cadarac or a Rinkon Coninrenel.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:47:36 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Oh my god you bought real ammo? what are you going to do with that?

Throw it at the zmobies!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:48:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:06:03 PM EDT
[#18]
XXXtreme.

Life on the edge
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:30:20 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's the 25th infatry divison patch. Known as the Tropic Lighting or back in Vietnam known as the Electric Strawberries. It's my small way of honoring my Dad who was with them in Cambodia in 68.

My friend who just passed away was with that unit in RVN. I saw the patch at his memorial service but didnt know what unit it was. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:36:02 PM EDT
[#20]
I lived in DuPage county for 23 yrs.  Thats right next to Crook County.
As far as I know there is no extra regulations for ammo in Cook or the rest of the state, correct me if im wrong.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:49:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I lived in DuPage county for 23 yrs.  Thats right next to Crook County.
As far as I know there is no extra regulations for ammo in Cook or the rest of the state, correct me if im wrong.

There isn't that I know of either. I just remember oh in the past 8-9 years or so that a lot of the sport stores stopped carrying hand gun ammo and rifle ammo. They even stopped selling rifles and shotguns. Thats why I was suprised when Wally World in Bridgeview had ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top