Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2005 4:21:51 PM EDT
I'm looking to get a surefire LED light for carry.  Not too small, but not too big either and should have a belt/pocket clip.
Which model fits the bill for this ?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:25:51 PM EDT
[#1]
L4.

Have it.  Love it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:26:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the L2 and I love it!

Some might think it is a little long but I have no trouble carrying it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:38:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you looked a Stremlight's "task light" series?

I have an Inova T4 rechargeable. It may be too big for what you want, but 100 lumens LED, charges in 3 hours, runs for 2 hours............... ($89.95)

Thinking about it Inova makes a T3 and T2, which run on 123 style batteries. May wanna look at those before you may a purchase. The T4 is solid, but not flashy..................pretty impressed so far.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:28:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Get the L1.  

The L4 is very bright, but it uses two batteries and the runtime is not much better than a 6P.  The L2 is really nice.  It has two brightness settings - the low beam will give you a long runtime with more than enough light for most tasks, and the high beam is basically the same as the L4's high beam.  The main problem with the L2 is that it's very long.

I prefer the L1 because it runs on one battery, has a reasonable runtime in the high-beam mode, and is comfortable to carry every day.  I think it's plenty bright enough to blind someone in the dark.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:37:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll look into the streamlights too.  I have two streamlight stinger rechargeables and they have been great lights and very bright.
The L1 and E1L are two I'm interested in.  Both are similar in output and are fairly small to fit in a pocket.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#6]
why not a X200? small enought to stick in your pocket or you can slap it on your rail
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:51:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I have L2 thats EDC it fits in either front or rear pocket without issue is olny 1/4" longer than a mag AA & the dual brightness is really handy
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:16:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
why not a X200? small enought to stick in your pocket or you can slap it on your rail

No pocket clip on the x200.  One of the great things about Surefires with their pocket clips is that you can clip it to the brim of a baseball hat if you need your hands free.  I use mine at work all the time like that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top