Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2005 4:15:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:16:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:16:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:26:00 AM EDT
[#3]

The man walked away. But when Cincinnati turned his back, he heard firecrackers. As he drove home, his lower body ached. He noticed a side mirror on his Pontiac Grand Am was broken, and a tire was flat. He realized he had been shot.

yeah I'm REALLY using a 380 for self defense now!

At least there's no anti-legal gun propoganda here.  Author clearly seperates illegal from legal guns and gunowners.  Article does not addres teh gang problem though.  wierd.

Some parts of LI = gutter.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:29:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:32:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Ban Hi-point .380's.  sounds like the "hidden market for illegal weapons, where guns are bought anonymously and disposed of quickly, and where traces of past ownership and evidence of crimes are wiped away clean." has a pretty small inventory.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:53:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Here we go, I can already hear the rallying cries from the Liberals, calling to make that illegal..Oh wait, it already is illegal for gang members to shoot someone with an unregistered handgun in NY.

I got a little ahead of myself there.

What really strikes me as odd, is when the first guy got shot and didn't even know it until he saw the flat tire and broken mirror! WTF?

Chapperjoe nailed it, a .380 is not exactly a good defense pistol if the people you had to shoot don't even know they are hit until a half hour later..But of course, one well aimed shot would take care of that problem.

On a side note, it seems like more people get shot in the butt, though I suppose it's better than a center mass hit if you are receiving.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:08:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey, don't dis me cuz I'm sitting on yer car, aight?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:11:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Note to self:  Suffolk county sucks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:12:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Eighty-five percent of the traceable illegal handguns seized by police in New York come from out of state, said Kevin Kelleher of the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives' Long Island bureau. Some were stolen. Others were purchased at gun shows or from unscrupulous gun dealers who didn't bother to complete required background checks.

Handguns cannot legally be bought from out of state. Other than a straw purchase, how could anyone buy a handgun from a dealer or a gunshow if they were not from that state? Unscrupulous gun dealers?
Maybe I'm really stupid, but how can the background check possibly be skirted? Is it not required to even complete the paperwork or can the dealer just bank on never being audited?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:15:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Up here in Boston the hoods are using "community guns". Weapons are hidden in various places in a neighborhood known only to the local thugs. When someone needs a "burner"  they go get the gun hidden behind a certain bush, in a mail box, vacant lot etc. and return it when done.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:16:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:26:30 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Up here in Boston the hoods are using "community guns". Weapons are hidden in various places in a neighborhood known only to the local thugs. When someone needs a "burner"  they go get the gun hidden behind a certain bush, in a mail box, vacant lot etc. and return it when done.  

Hell, that's what I do in my house.

This article should be rolled up and used to smack anybody on the head who contends that "the .380 works just fine for self defense."
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:33:03 AM EDT
[#13]
They need to ban guns in NY so this insanity can stop...
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:40:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Here we go, I can already hear the rallying cries from the Liberals, calling to make that illegal..Oh wait, it already is illegal for gang members to shoot someone with an unregistered handgun in NY.

I got a little ahead of myself there.

What really strikes me as odd, is when the first guy got shot and didn't even know it until he saw the flat tire and broken mirror! WTF?

Chapperjoe nailed it, a .380 is not exactly a good defense pistol if the people you had to shoot don't even know they are hit until a half hour later..But of course, one well aimed shot would take care of that problem.

On a side note, it seems like more people get shot in the butt, though I suppose it's better than a center mass hit if you are receiving.

Five bucks says the victim was not "free and clear" at the time.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:53:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:24:35 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

"For a lot of kids, it's harder to get their hands on a pack of cigarettes than it is to get a gun."

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:29:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top