Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2005 4:31:35 PM EDT
Yea, I know....I've only been nannying for 3 weeks but Caroline (the baby) has developed so much in that time.  The past week or so, she has been trying to stand up.  But, everytime she started to push herself up, she fell over.

BUT!  Today she did it.  She crawled over to me and stood up while holding on to my knee.  When I looked down at her, she let her hand go and stood there for about 30 seconds, then lost her balance and sat back down.  It was the most exciting thing.

Her mom wasn't there the first time she did it but she saw the next 4 times she did it.  We got it on tape too so her father will see it when he gets home from his business trip.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:33:22 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Yea, I know....I've only been nannying for 3 weeks but Caroline (the baby) has developed so much in that time.  The past week or so, she has been trying to stand up.  But, everytime she started to push herself up, she fell over.

BUT!  Today she did it.  She crawled over to me and stood up while holding on to my knee.  When I looked down at her, she let her hand go and stood there for about 30 seconds, then lost her balance and sat back down.  It was the most exciting thing.

Her mom wasn't there the first time she did it but she saw the next 4 times she did it.  We got it on tape too so her father will see it when he gets home from his business trip.

Neat!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:39:15 PM EDT
[#2]
sounds nice seeing her develop
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn...  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:48:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Reminds me of when mine first stood.  Then they started running.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:51:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Cute...

Maternal instincts kicking in yet?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:52:36 PM EDT
[#6]
My Amanda hardly ever crawled, went straight to walking.

I'm glad I was there to witness that.

First words were "Da Da", made my day life.

Danny
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:53:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Wait until you have your own kids, it only gets better.

My daughter is 3 1/2 months old.  A few days ago, she started trying to pull herself up.  She gets mad if we don't help her up and keep her up until she is ready to sit down.  

What could possibly be better than seeing a sweet little baby look up at you and smile and giggle?  I'm really enjoying this as much as possible since she will be our last baby.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:53:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Luckily for all of you, nobody is interested in reproducing with me. Guess I'll never understand
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:54:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Just think, in ayear or 2 when she's running all over God's creation..............Remember the flashback moment.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:58:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Does anyone else see something wrong with this post?

Frtloop: I am glad you got to experience this... NOTHING like seeing it for the first time. glad you got to experience it. It IS cool!

Just out of curiosity, Where was mom?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:58:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Cute...

Oh....Maternal instincts kicked in LONG ago....ever since I started figuring out that I wanted to take care of children as a career.

Ask Afplayboy...I get all giddy when it comes to children

And no.....don't tell him he better run....he's not in any trouble with me.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:58:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Luckily for all of you, nobody is interested in reproducing with me. Guess I'll never understand

You'll eat those words one day, I promise.

Danny

P.S. That's what I used to say.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:59:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does anyone else see something wrong with this post?

Frtloop: I am glad you got to experience this... NOTHING like seeing it for the first time. glad you got to experience it. It IS cool!

Just out of curiosity, Where was mom?

Her mom was out at lunch.  She's home about 2 days out of the week and works out of the home.  The rest of the time, she's at the office.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:01:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Just think, in ayear or 2 when she's running all over God's creation..............Remember the flashback moment.

The only thing about that is that I'm just the nanny.  I won't be there to see her grow up.  I'll be around as long as they need me.  But she'll be going into day care eventually and then I'll be moving on to another nanny position.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:06:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cute...

Oh....Maternal instincts kicked in LONG ago....ever since I started figuring out that I wanted to take care of children as a career.

Ask Afplayboy...I get all giddy when it comes to children

And no.....don't tell him he better run....he's not in any trouble with me.  

I ain’t going to tell him to run… and he is stupid if he does.

Enjoy the young one...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top