Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2005 4:20:43 PM EDT
had the final fight with my gf today. it was ugly. i was the only one not hitting/ insulting.

my sister flew 2000 miles to be in a wedding last weekend. spent some time with her last week. yesterday she calls me for drinks to tell me about the wedding. i leave after the gf is bedded down, she complained i kept her up the other nite- so i think: great i will not be missed and my bedtime is 2am anyway. was supposed to introduce gf to my sister at dinner today. didn't happen. gf threw a fit saying that i "put my sister before her", that i have something to be ashamed of that i am close with my sis (my only sibling), and i always badmouth her to my family. not true. i did report events and ask for help/advice. my family has been totaly cool and NOONE has snubbed her or been anything but enthusiastic to meet her. this was the last straw of her many antics and my foolish desire to reconcile. she has "broken up" with me many, many times, but i always took her back when she said she needed me.
not this time. will miss her (when she was sane) and her kids.

i am ashamed to say: if you remember my other post, this is the same woman.
tell me your story.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:29:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:45:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Tell her the truth,that blood is blood.Then tell her to hit brick
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:50:08 PM EDT
[#3]
This gonna be a loooooooong thread....

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:53:18 PM EDT
[#4]
 if you aren't already running......WHY NOT????
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes.
Yes.
And yes.

Looking for #4 as we speak . . .
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:08:02 PM EDT
[#6]
The list is longer than I am proud of.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:13:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm sorry that you have to go through this.  If I remember correctly it was only a matter of time.  Patty
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:19:55 PM EDT
[#8]
My ex-girlfriend was a basket case. She was on at least 3 medications...Prozac, an expermential anti-psychotic called Lamactil, and something else that I don't remember right now. She was manic-depressent, Depression, and schizophrenic. She would see people who weren't there, heard voices, etc.

To make the story as short as possible...

The relationship went on for 1-1/4 years. She couldn't keep a job, her 7 year old son was doped up as bad as she was, except I don't think there was anything wrong with him. I watched him behave around his father( the ex-husband) but he refused to respect his teachers and his mother. (Translation: disipline problem)

About a year into it, I realized she was stealing money out of my wallet (she either used the money to help pay her rent or buy a bike for her son for Christmas, not sure which)

So...she couldn't be trusted...when I would try to leave her, she wouldn't let me go. She would have been the stalker type if it had reached that point.  I finally caught her with an online personals ad, so I was able to finally end it. There was a whole bunch of screaming and name-calling on my part, but I'm proud of myself cause I never laid my hand on her. It might sound crazy, but I HAD to catch her in the act of lying/cheating to get rid of her easier.

It was the most bizarre trap/relationship that I'll ever be in. I'm just happy she never killed me in my sleep. The .357 was in the nightstand, she coulda had one of her episodes and killed me. I guess every day is now a gift.

Scott

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:25:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:26:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:30:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll be honest if it came between my sister and my GF/fiance.

I'm gonna side with my sister.

If it came between my father and my GF/Fiance.

I'm gonna side with my father.

If it came between my mother and my GF/Fiance.

I'm gonna go with my mother.

If it came between my dog and my GF/Fiance

I'm gonna go with the dog.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:32:55 PM EDT
[#12]
As an elaboration to my previous post:

The young woman referred to in the "and yes" from that post was an amazing person to be around.  She was even a really good shot despite this nerve condition in her hands that made them shake when her blood sugar was too high.  She took some sort of medication for this hand condition.

About a year into our relationship she realized that the nerve medication had a potentially fatal combination effect with the monthly allergy shots she received.  So she stopped taking it.  Little did I know that the nerve medication was also commonly prescribed to treat acute anxiety disorders in psychiatric patients.  

She did have severe anxiety problems since I had met her but since she had been on the hand medication she had been unwittingly treating herself for a problem she did not realize she had.  Then in our second year together she keeps getting recurrent visions of me having sex with other women . . . while we are having sex together!  Needless to say that ruined many an evening for her.  

There is more to it than that (of course) but she is pretty wacko now.  She has been driving over to my parents' house repeatedly, only to have a panic attack as she is pulling in the driveway and running away instead.  Crazy.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:39:34 PM EDT
[#13]
1) Only doctors cure people.
2) Even doctors don't live with their patients.

I'm glad you have taken the clue.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:39:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Cut your loses and move on. If not you will have a long HARD road. .. This is the time in your relationship that things are easy and your in LOVE. If it's taste like $hit ,Smells like $hit.. It might be $HIT.. Best of luck to you. I feel your pain. I have been there and done that. WarDawg
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#15]
My ex-wife was always a bit strange, but towards the end of our 9 years together she was truly nuttier than a squirrel turd. Don't miss that creature one bit.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:54:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Yup and Yup. I had signs before marriage but ignored them. NEVER EVER ignore the signs!!!!!!!!!! She does not see her parents, her 2 girls, [both married] our son, [I have custody] her bro or sis, been married twice since our divorce, think the second divorce is final now, was stealing oxycontin and all that crap from the doc [WAS a nurse, since fired] and is the same miserable person who will never change. While I know PART of it is mental problems, since she will not get help, everything that happens is HER fault. However in her mind everything is someone elses problems. RUN!!!!! FAST!!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:05:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I had to dump my last GF because of depression issues with her.  She wasnt exactly the brightest girl I have ever met, and the anti depressent drugs she was on, never really helped the situation.  Its hard to dump someone you care about, but if its in your best intrests, its something that needs to be done.  One must find thier own happiness first, before they can share it with others.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:10:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes.

I dated a great girl 18 years ago that was manic-depressive.  Everything was great until she quit her job at a bank and lost her medical/prescription plan.  Once she was out of her lithium she went totally downhill.  When she didn't call me for 4 days, I went over to her apartment and found her laying in the fetal position on her bed.  She was incapable of functioning as normal adult without her meds.  I knew right then it wasn't going to work as there was a good chance her condition would have been passed on to any offspring we had.

+1 on this being a VERY long thread.  I'm sure there are guys here that have much worse stories than mine (I've read many of them over the pasts 4 years).
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:55:20 PM EDT
[#19]
my ex was on 2 or 3 different pills for her depression that she had had since she was around 15 or so.  if she went a couple days without them she would have huge ass mood swings and was unbearable to be around.

about 6 months before it was over she cheated on me, stupid me took her back after days and days of her whining.  well, after that i didnt want to be with her anymore and with her being fucking crazy in the head i just figured id stay in it till she broke up with me since that seemed like the easiest way to get out of it without her blowing up and doing harm to herself, she was a cutter.

finally i brought up her cheating so many times she "figured it wasnt working" and gave me the engagement ring she forced/tricked me into getting for her back to me and all was done, or so i though.  i took vacation home to Texas to get on with my life(slept with a girl there), she found out about it and blew up like we were still together.  i said fuck that, we broke up when you gave me the ring back and her response was "i didnt know that".  BULLSHIT.  

but finally it was over and now i have frtloop...life's great

ETA:  oh, i forgot to mention.  never mess with a girl with a mental problem.  they'll bring you down.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Can you post pics?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:57:07 PM EDT
[#21]
That'd be why my one and only marriage ended.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:05:44 PM EDT
[#22]
All women are insane.
It's just the insanity level that you can handle that keeps you together.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:15:01 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
All women are insane.
It's just the insanity level that you can handle that keeps you together.

True, but I'm sure they say the same thing about us.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:39:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Welcome to ARFCOM.... I think it's a prerequisite to have (at least) one crazy ex in your past (or present) to post here...

welcome to our sad little club...
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:47:06 PM EDT
[#25]
tag.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:49:25 PM EDT
[#26]
A crazy one left me... does that count?

- BG
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:49:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Unfortunately, yes. The worst part was I had to give up custody of my son. Part of her insanity convinced the boy that I had abandoned him. He hung himself and committed suicide at the age of 12. I will miss him forever. I wish I could kill the sow....Charles.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:05:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Yes, while painful, it was much better for me in the long run.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:34:52 PM EDT
[#29]
A gal I dated during college was not stable to begin with, but she was the only one I had.  I took her to dinner, and when she took the tips someone else left on another table, I told her to take the bus home and left.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:49:22 PM EDT
[#30]
certainly
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:48:23 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I'm sorry that you have to go through this.  If I remember correctly it was only a matter of time.  Patty

yup. thanks.

she has been messaging me all morning. she accuses me of manipulating her fears and weaknesses; of violating her trust and judging her... and listening to those who would judge and criticize her. wtf?. i provoked her to get physical as well.

i told her to feel free to tell anyone in her family everything i have done, as i have nothing to be ashamed of. that is really the issue.

i can post pics... but i wont. not even as a warning. sorry.
thanks for the good wishes. not to sound concieted, but i need to find someone worthy of my dedication and my efforts. why do i allways attract the nutjobs?

eta- of course i can only relate my side. i know i made mistakes. i have a clear concience.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:51:00 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Unfortunately, yes. The worst part was I had to give up custody of my son. Part of her insanity convinced the boy that I had abandoned him. He hung himself and committed suicide at the age of 12. I will miss him forever. I wish I could kill the sow....Charles.

truly sorry, friend. i hope you find peace.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:32:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Borderline Personality Disorder
www.palace.net/~llama/psych/bpd.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top