Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2005 4:13:11 PM EDT
There's been a little North VS South aggression theme (one that is all in fun)  going on ARFCOM and I thought maybe those of us who have traveled a tiny bit (or alot) could maybe steer the rest of the gang towards those places we liked and why we liked them..
Of course, being the "uppity Yankee woman" I am, I also threw in a few places that made me whistful for home!

I have traveled as far north as Prince Edward Island, CAN and as far south (and west for that matter) ast the Tex/Mex border (never crossed...my spidey senses were tinglin' that nite) Not by any means the traveler that some here are, but I do have this to add about the cultural differences chatted about in threads like Caffeine Hogs
And I did not wanna hijack that thread.
So here's my votes for State (and some city/out of state) Superlatives

Best Lobster---PEI Canada during their lobster mania in June...Lobsters are DEAD cheap (but only if they know you're not a 'tourist'

Best seafood all around: ME/MA/RI

Best restaurants all around: RI and MA...many ecclectic tastes to choose from...I happen to work in a pretty damn good one that my brother owns. So if ya want me to fix you a sammich...come to MA!

Friendliest people: Texas (and I am not saying that so SP1grrl will refrain from kicking my ass) It's damned true

Second friendliest: Upstate NY (I'm talking in the BOONIES, people)

Best BBQ and hush puppies: North Carolina (easily the greenest state too)

Best Sunsets: South Carolina

Most fun city to party in: Philly (Not too shabby on the history there either)

Second most fun (DC---specifically, Georgetown...again the history)

Third most fun: San Antonio (Paseo del Rio andAustin HWY)

Fourth: Boston....alright alright...I like to party...

State I hate to drive thru: CT...BORING

Second I hate to drive thru: NY...GW Bridge is evil in steel form

Third: MD---Roadsigns LIE in MD!!!!

Third: RI ( I am sorry...but traffic in a state the size of my left eyeball is simply unacceptable)

Best Beaches: RI and Saint Thomas, Virgin Islands

Worst: Corpus Christi (oil splooge anyone?

Second Worst: Jersey...even the seagulls have migrated to RI beaches

Anyone else like to vote for their faves/least faves?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top