Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2005 4:09:22 PM EDT
hi, we're about to buy a pellet stove but would like recommendations on brands and such. We want a standalone since it will be going in the basement. Our house is about 2300 sq ft finished so one that would heat that adequately would be good.

tia,

Chris
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:11:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Reccomendation: DONT! You must have electricity to operate the feeder motor. Just get a good airtite! They will burn ANYTHING.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:16:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quadra fires are nice.  I'm considering one for suplimental heat.

www.quadrafire.com/
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:19:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Reccomendation: DONT! You must have electricity to operate the feeder motor. Just get a good airtite! They will burn ANYTHING.

I have a genset and inverter for power outs... the feeders don't draw much and this is supplemental heat.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:20:05 PM EDT
[#4]
If you ever have a power outage....your woodburning pellet contraption will not work. That alone makes me want one. Not to mention the fact that you will be paying about 5 times as much per BTU with pellets.

I had a neighbor had one in MT. What a joke.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top