Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2005 3:31:33 PM EDT
Yesterday my next door neighbor's dog was attacked by a pit.

The neighbor's dog was on its tie-out and, of course, in its yard when the pit bull, who was being walked and not on a leash, decided it needed to attack the neighbor's dog. An emergency room visit and $190+ later the neighbor's dog is home and is expected to make a full recovery.

This PB is considered a "well-behaved" dog. Its owners walk it all the time without a leash. I'd like to say the owners don't train dogs correctly; however, they have a golden retreiver they also walk without a leash and it hasn't had any problems.

I wish I was around to see it. They wouldn't have had to worry about their PB anymore, well except for the burial.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:11:14 PM EDT
[#1]
again, this is a case where it is the owners fault. Any dog can freak out, what kind of idiot would walk a dog capable of as much damage as a pit without a leash.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:14:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got two very highly trained boxers.  One of them I would trust in almost any situation.  The other can walk off lead when we go hiking but I never trust her around other dogs.  I know better.  Sound like these people should have known better too ...  Not necessarily the dog's fault.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top