Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2005 5:28:20 PM EDT
Means always vigilant, it's something I'm going to remember from now on. I had a wake up call last evening. The wife had gone out w/ her friends & it was just me & the kids (4&6) , I changed out of my work chlothes & put my gun out of reach in the bedroom & went to fix dinner for the munchkins. After dinner I layed up on the couch & drifted off .................then I hear footsteps in the gravel outside moving toward my house rapidly, I spring up & see this scumb bag INSIDE my fenced yard hiding ! The scumb bag looked about 55'ish , I reach for my gun, nope try again, shit I put it on the end table 'cause it was diggin' in my back, wrong again !  WTF !!!!!  It's in the MFing bedroom ! A quick scan of the livingroom revealed asshole was closer to my kids than I was from my gun ( this is where the knot in the pit of your stomach engulfs you & you are fully aware that you have just officially fucking blew it ! ) . I have the oldest take her sister to the bathroom & lock the door as I'm heading out the door. I confront the dirtbag & it de escelates from there & he leaves. He was indeed about 55, no front teeth & stinking awful bad ..................

I got lucky, getting caught w/ my pants down didn't cost me anything this time out, there won't be a next time.

Please do take a second & do a  complacency check.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:37:23 PM EDT
[#1]
It's something a Father does with no hesitation , confronting anyone who may harm your kids even though your weapon was out of reach.
Been there myself and no thought of retreat ever entered my head.
Good job and think about where you are going to put your pistol if you do drift off again.
4 & 6 year olds say they won't touch daddy's gun but if you're sleeping anything can and will happen.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:18:40 PM EDT
[#2]
WTF does"de escelates" mean? His ass would not have left my property! I call .
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:32:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Color code ? As for your macho armchair commando "would not have left my property" statement. All I can say is RCW 9.4.1 , if your packing & don't know RCF XXX your screwing yourself & every other leagal CCW. Thanks for stopping by & removing all doubt.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#4]
The Civil Air Patrol motto is "Semper Vigilans" (Always Vigilant).

OK, so I'm a spelliing NAZI, I'll forgive you for this one.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:56:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, if the guy's 5'5", I'm just going to grab the heaviest thing that's handy and proceed to "explain" things to the gentleman.

If that happens to be my 12ga, so much the worse for my uninvited guest, but I'm not going to sweat it TOO much if it isn't.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:08:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Color code ? As for your macho armchair commando "would not have left my property" statement. All I can say is RCW 9.4.1 , if your packing & don't know RCF XXX your screwing yourself & every other leagal CCW. Thanks for stopping by & removing all doubt.

I do believe he means he would have held the man and called the police.

That would have been the smart thing to do.  It is clear he was up to no good and you let him go to carry out his plan at a later date.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:17:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The Civil Air Patrol motto is "Semper Vigilans" (Always Vigilant).

OK, so I'm a spelliing NAZI, I'll forgive you for this one.

You a CAP member?  I am, and I was just about to post much the same thing.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:41:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do believe he means he would have held the man and called the police.

That would have been the smart thing to do.  It is clear he was up to no good and you let him go to carry out his plan at a later date.  

Held him w/ what ? pocket lint ? call the police on the phone located in the house huh ? That was done after he was gone & my area & kids were secure. The whole point of posting this was to remind everyone to not become complacent.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:05:03 PM EDT
[#9]
This is why its always good to keep some zipcuffs around.  You could have detained him then went to get your phone, or yelled for your 6 yo to bring you the phone.
Top Top