Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2005 5:21:55 PM EDT
...but in a couple of weeks I'll be swimming in my new pool.    Hopefully the dog won't.  

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:22:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Your doing this yourself?? Damm
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:25:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:25:03 PM EDT
[#3]
How big is it? Looks kinda small... But cool at the same time.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:29:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How big is it? Looks kinda small... But cool at the same time.

thats what she said
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:34:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm having the pros do ALL the work.  When they're done I'm going to have landscapers follow them and clean up the big mess they've created in my back yard.

The pool is a little small, 14 X 24.  We spent 10k on extras to dress it up and make it a little nicer though.  We added a heater, in-ground cleaner, salt genenerator, fiberoptic lights under the water and around the rim, and some fountains.  ALso putting bull nose brick and tile around the edge, and coloring the concrete.  It's still 05 95 degrees here, but even if I have to break ice I'm going to swim in this pool after it's done!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:35:20 PM EDT
[#6]
SWEET!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:36:59 PM EDT
[#7]
So what 4-5 feet deep? It does look good BTW.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:40:50 PM EDT
[#8]
My parents have had a big concrete hole stuck in their backyard since, oh...I think May.  

The company they contracted just kindof stopped coming by.  Father found out that they are going out of business and refusing to answer calls.  The fuckhead in charge accidentally picked up his cell phone about a week ago and hung up on my father when he found out it was a client of his.

They're out about 10grand right now.  They've already paid as far as the pool equipment and none of that had been delivered or installed yet.  Sure is a fancy looking sinkhole though.  Vanishing edge and a great big waterfall.

They were really kindof hoping to have the thing done in time to actually use it before it got all sorts of freaking cold out.  Fat chance now.  Guess it's courtroom time.  Fucking contractors.  Can't trust any of them...ever.  Even the good guys.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:41:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Ummmm, yeah, I would be making a house call to the buisness with some large friends.

Quoted:
My parents have had a big concrete hole stuck in their backyard since, oh...I think May.  

The company they contracted just kindof stopped coming by.  Father found out that they are going out of business and refusing to answer calls.  The fuckhead in charge accidentally picked up his cell phone about a week ago and hung up on my father when he found out it was a client of his.

They're out about 10grand right now.  They've already paid as far as the pool equipment and none of that had been delivered or installed yet.  Sure is a fancy looking sinkhole though.  Vanishing edge and a great big waterfall.

They were really kindof hoping to have the thing done in time to actually use it before it got all sorts of freaking cold out.  Fat chance now.  Guess it's courtroom time.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:44:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
So what 4-5 feet deep? It does look good BTW.

3 foot to 5 foot in the "deep end."  I'll have to blow up my life vest.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:45:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

They were really kindof hoping to have the thing done in time to actually use it before it got all sorts of freaking cold out.  Fat chance now.  Guess it's courtroom time.  Fucking contractors.  Can't trust any of them...ever.  Even the good guys.

This is why you don't pay until their done.

Merlin
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:46:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Ouch!  The company I'm using has been in buisness a very long time and has come highly recommended.  I'm cutting them smaller checks along the way as the pool construction progresses.  I hope your parents get their money back and the loser goes to prison.  Sounds like they had plans for a very nice pool.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:49:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
They're out about 10grand right now.  .

Shoot.

Shovel.

Shut up.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:43:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Our pit used to swim in our pool before she passed on. She'd swim like crazy and dive under water to pick up toys off the bottom of the shallow end.

I'll miss that crazy-ass dog.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:31:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Shoot.

Shovel.

Shut up.

This is easy, you already have the hole dug.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top