Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2005 4:40:42 AM EDT
Do I even tell them it's a gun?

Stripped lower off to the FFL dealer.

Upper and accessories being sent to the new owner.

And anyone even considering marriage, one word...PRENUP!!!!

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:46:50 AM EDT
[#1]

You lost a fun switch, words cannot express my sorrow, so this string of emoticons will have to do
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:50:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll cry with you.  The loss of a fun switch is a sad, sad thing for any one to go through.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:54:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I ship all my rifles through USPS. I think they insure up to $3K.

And you better tell them up front.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:57:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:58:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the condolences guy's! Not a good day if you know what I mean.

I'm on the USPS website, says they max out at $675.00 to Canada, nothing about stateside.

I gotta get this out TODAY!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:28:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm so sorry for you. For both.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:44:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Pachage the shit out of it and tell 'em you are sending jewelry.  You are sending it to an SOT so you aren't doing anything illegal. There is a rate per/$100 over a certain amount but I don't recall the rate.  WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT SEND IT WITHOUT BEING INSURED FOR AT LEAST THREE TIMES THE CURRENT VALUE!!!!!

damn...I am so sorry for your loss

Oh, TAKE VERY CLEAR PHOTO'S OF THE PACKAGING BEFORE YOU SEND IT.  If some fuck at UPS steals it, UPS will claim you didn't pakcage it right....photo's will prove you did.

HINT:  wrap every edge of the package in double layers of fiber tape, ship over nite express, use HEAVY paper for final wrapping and a plastic box to ship it in.  Wrap the lowering in plastic then wrap that in newsprint then use a good packing.  USE INDELLIBLE MARKER FOR ADRESSING.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:50:53 AM EDT
[#8]
They'll ship it insured for $13k without a problem. It will have to be in a box with all seams sealed with paper tape Got it? The kind of tape with a lic'um gummed back. They will stamp all edges seams etc.  My sugestion to you is buy a cheap Doscol case pack the gun in that, put it in the cardboard box then seal as indicated. The PO won't give you any shit. Also, before you consider it packed, bounce it around on the floor, if the gun shifts about, pack it better because they toss your stuff, step on it , drop it etc. I get guns in all the time, beat to hell because the sender was too dam lazy to pack it right. When packed properly, it shouldn't move when you bounce it on the floor.

Also, mail you original F4 seperately and put a copy with the gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top