Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2005 1:05:58 PM EDT
Why was this site started? Was there a reason  for this sites creation?  Who started the site?  Is there posters and members who have been here since the beginning.  I have been reading posts on this site for years.  I know some people have been here for a long like Lumpy and Sgtar but I know of little else.  I know Ed Avila sr is the overlord of this site is he also the creator?  I started reading this site four years ago I think. I have only been posting for about a year.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:06:54 PM EDT
[#1]
God invented dirt....then ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:07:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

And it was good.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:08:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Shortly thereafter the first 9mm vs .45 cal fight broke out.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:08:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shortly thereafter the first 9mm vs .45 cal fight broke out.

Then AROCK got F'ed
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:09:51 PM EDT
[#5]
We need to have a forum that is dedicated to the classic threads, or soon to be (ie Looter photoshop).
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:13:40 PM EDT
[#6]
When was it created? Who created it? This is my favorite site to go to I wish there was a site history and site philosophy link.  This site is really cool I would like to know more about it if that is possible.  Was the site started out of a love for weapons or just out of love for the AR15.  Was this site started just to make money or were its creators trying to bring military weapon lovers and collectors together.  In short whats the deal man
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:26:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Is there know one who can give me some info.  I am very curious about this site.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:32:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:36:03 PM EDT
[#9]
This is my understanding but it's probably wrong.

It was originally started by Ed Avila in the late 90's. It started out as a place to gain knowledge on the AR-15. Sort of like an online magazine(the paper kind) Soon it grew into a mailing list and then to the discussion board format you see today. Some where along the line it switched over to the controll of Juan Avila (Goatboy). It has grown tremendously over the years, to a population of over 80,000 registered members and is growing by the day. But some people, like myself wonder how long it will last.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:05:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Is there know one who can give me some info.  I am very curious about this site.

What is your old user name?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:10:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:11:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, first it was AR15-L and MISC-L....

I believe those mailing lists were started in 1996 or 1997.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:54:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is your old user name?

I dont remember.  I got an member account back before I moved by the time I moved in and got settled I forgot my username and password.  I have sent a lot of emails to get it back but I have not recieved a repley back.  Either that or my AOL is keeping me from recieving an Email from the site staff.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:55:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
What he said  

Quoted:
Why was this site started? Was there a reason  for this sites creation?  Who started the site?  Is there posters and members who have been here since the beginning.  I have been reading posts on this site for years.  I know some people have been here for a long like Lumpy and Sgtar but I know of little else.  I know Ed Avila sr is the overlord of this site is he also the creator?  I started reading this site four years ago I think. I have only been posting for about a year.

bloodmoon
Post Number :: 417

I dont remember. I got an member account back before I moved by the time I moved in and got settled I forgot my username and password. I have sent a lot of emails to get it back but I have not recieved a repley back. Either that or my AOL is keeping me from recieving an Email from the site staff.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:57:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I signed up for an account in 2002 I think the username was bluecaptain or blue guard or something like that.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:06:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top