Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2005 3:30:11 AM EDT
www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/09/19/korea.north.talks/index.html

Anyone think that they will actually give up everything that they have?  This is nothing but blackmail.  Communist countries never make fair deals.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:35:15 AM EDT
[#1]
This is like Deja Vu all over again.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:35:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't think they really have anything.  It is just a ploy to get money.  

"We are building but we wont build if you pay us."

"We have them but we won't use them if you pay us."

"I mean that we are just building but we will stop if you pay us."

"Oh shit they don't look like they are going to pay us....... we better pretend to stop building again before they nuke US!!"

It is just an old cat and mouse game with a country with a really strong ground army that can't even get off it's own shores more than a few hundred miles.  If the wack job really had some he would use one.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:45:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Something like 5k people starve to death every day in that country.

All that really needs to happen is for the south (and china) to stop shipping food for a month.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:54:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Madeleine Albright didn't negotiate this, did she?  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:03:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:06:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Where have I read this before?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:06:39 AM EDT
[#7]
arrrgh! them scurvy slanty dogs! there be an old pirate saying, "trust but verify"...belay that!!! there be an old pirate saying, "board the scurvy dogs and send 'em to davy jones' locker, ever one of 'em!!!"

arrrgh, that be the sayin'!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:12:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This is like Deja Vu all over again.

"reja vu" ?

Me so ronery.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:22:14 AM EDT
[#9]
HMMMMMMMMMMMMM??????

Did I have a topic on this before?

Do I think that the crazy, bushy hair DICTATOR would used them before losing them.

Yep.. He has them aimed at Japan..

This emblem is suppose to give you the illusion of a peaceful nation that has only hydro power, and farming communities.

The Bushy hair leader..

Kim Jong IL
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:10:22 AM EDT
[#10]
surre and that senator from Nigeria is gonna just give me $18 million....
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:25:33 AM EDT
[#11]
I think Bush is likely the better poker player here and called Stumpys bluff. All the high altitude surveilance flights were probably making Stumpy a little nervious, not to mention all the stars moving and twinkling about over head Ruskies probably made a little call and told Stumpy to knock it off.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:26:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Dont hold your breath.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:22:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Dont hold your breath.

Arrrrr! Ye is right.

Tis time to send 'em to the depths of hell, I should run em through with me cutlas, and if they survive, will be hung from the yardarm
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:24:25 AM EDT
[#14]

"North Korea has decided to give up all nuclear activities!"
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:32:03 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/09/19/korea.north.talks/index.html

Anyone think that they will actually give up everything that they have?  This is nothing but blackmail.  Communist countries never make fair deals.

That's why they like to have communist stooges in power in other (their opponents)  countries.  In this cvase, despite what the manipulators and those stooges would have you believe, Bush is smarter than they are and, more importantly, pays attention.  It doesn't do a lot of good to have stooges in place in agencies when "the boss" is watching.  

If Hitlery gets elected in 2008, it will be a different matter, and the "other side" will reap the benefits of what they bought.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:34:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:38:45 PM EDT
[#17]
I got a nice bridge I would like to sell to those diplomats.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:24:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Ever get the feeling you've been mugged?

North Korea Demands Nuke Reactor From U.S. By JAE-SOON CHANG, Associated Press Writer
5 minutes ago

SEOUL, South Korea -     North Korea said Tuesday it would not dismantle its nuclear weapons program until the United States first provides an atomic energy reactor, casting doubt on its commitment to a breakthrough agreement reached at international arms talks.

The North insisted during arms talks that began last week in Beijing that it be given a light-water reactor, a type less easily diverted for weapons use, in exchange for abandoning nuclear weapons. The agreement reached at the talks' end Monday — the first since the negotiations began in August 2003 — says the six countries in the negotiations will discuss the reactor issue "at an appropriate time."

Both the United States and Japan, members of the six-nation disarmament talks, rejected the North's latest demand.

"This is not the agreement that they signed and we'll give them some time to reflect on the agreement they signed," U.S. State Department spokesman Sean McCormack said in New York, where he was with Secretary of State     Condoleezza Rice at meetings of the     U.N. Security Council.

"The Japanese side has continuously said that North Korea's demand is unacceptable," Japanese Foreign Minister Nobutaka Machimura told reporters.

The Beijing agreement called for the North to abandon it arms efforts and accept inspections by the     International Atomic Energy Agency in exchange for energy, economic and security aid.

But the North's statement Tuesday indicated it was again raising the reactor demand as a prerequisite for disarming.

"We will return to the NPT and sign the safeguards agreement with the IAEA and comply with it immediately upon the U.S. provision of LWRs, a basis of confidence-building to us," the North's Foreign Ministry said in the statement, carried by the North's official Korean Central News Agency.

"The U.S. should not even dream of the issue of (North Korea's) dismantlement of its nuclear deterrent before providing LWRs," the North said.

The impact of the North's statement wasn't immediately clear. During the years of debate over its weapons program, the communist nation has sometimes given confusing or dramatic statements as it publicly maneuvers for negotiating leverage.

Other countries at the talks made clear that the reactor could only be discussed after the North rejoins the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty and accepts inspections from the International Atomic Energy Agency — which North Korea pledged to do in Monday's agreement.

U.S. State Department spokesman Adam Ereli emphasized earlier in Washington that the "appropriate time" for discussing the reactor means only after the North comes in compliance with those conditions.

"It's a theoretical proposition in the future, contingent on dismantling having taken place, resigning up to the NPT and having IAEA safeguards in place," he said Monday in Washington.

The North's position is likely to be a major sticking point in talks slated to begin in early November on implementing Monday's agreement.

The North had demanded during the six-nation talks in Beijing — which include China, Japan, Russia, the United States and the two Koreas — that it be allowed to keep a civilian nuclear program for power generation after it disarms.

But the United States strongly opposed the demand, and Monday's agreement only acknowledged that the North had "stated" its claim to that right.

The administration of U.S.     President George W. Bush has opposed anything resembling a 1994 U.S.-North Korea agreement, which promised the North two light-water reactors for power. That project stalled amid the current crisis that broke out in late 2002 over the North's resumed nuclear weapons program.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:31:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Don't give them a damn thing and cut off all humanitarian aid while they are at it. If everybody starts starving maybe the people and the military will realize a change must be made. This is an example of global welfare at the extreme, cut them off and let the people there take back their own country if they have the will to do so, if they don't have the will let 'em die.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:32:49 PM EDT
[#20]
I would have to say that it is very tempting to support a delivery of the nuclear weapons that they want so badly.
Top Top