Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2005 8:32:44 PM EDT
Are you a Fuddite?

This guy sells to Fuddites (taken from article about Sarah Brady's troubles):

Meanwhile, John Massey, owner of Shooter's Supply in New Castle, is doing a brisk business -- in hunting equipment, not quasi-military rifles.

"We do a little bit of [business in assault-type guns], but it's not our main deal here," said Massey, who will order such a weapon if a customer asks.

"We prefer to carry the higher-quality guns," he said.

Found in the gunshows all across America, the Fuddite pursues his bolt-action, wood-stocked 40-year-old Remington with a zeal known only to a few gun owners. He can be seen on the range in October, often firing 3 -5 rounds, then packing up and heading for home, confident "his rig" will bag him a deer or an elk, and that nothing will go wrong with the rifle on the shoot. Often, the Fuddite can be found staring diconsolately at other gun owners who have weapons he disapproves of, like self-loading arms. "Whatcher need all dem bullits fer, son? Cain't you gits him on da firs' shot?" he'll ask, a barely contained sneer apparent to all on his face.

The Fuddite is a steadfast defender of The Second Amendment, in which the government gives hunters the right to take game every October and November. He also drives $35K trucks into the woods, wears Blaze Orange and Camo "like they wuz goin' outta style," and can sometimes be found in a state of inebrieation, if a hunt is not yielding game.

As it is near fall, keep an eye out for the elusive Fuddite. He should appear at your local Gun Scam Show any time, now!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:35:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Ah yes my busy season... God I love them!  
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:42:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Ah yes my busy season... God I love them!  

Fuddites will generally spend all kinds of discretionary income on one gun in a weirdo caliber. Because they're so expensive to shoot, and they've got so much recoil to manage, it's no wonder why the Fuddite doesn't really like shooting.

I met a Fuddite on the range last fall (a very nice guy, no down-snoot-looking at me at all), and he put together a new Fuddite gun - I think it was in WSSM .300 (?) that, even though the weapon was ported, had the recoil of a tank cannon. He shot about ten rounds out of this beautiful gun (took him 40 minutes), then he packed up and went back to the house.

That afternoon cost him about $40 in range fees and ammo.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:45:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I hunt and am no Fuddite.

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:46:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Easy about the weirdo calibers man... EASY

I also shoot few times when I go to the range...

But it don't cost me money to shoot there, and its usually because Im messing around with my reloads.

.260 Rem, the bastard child...

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:47:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh yeah ammo ain't cheap and once your gun is sighted it, why not go back to the house?

Make sure you've got your drag rope, gutting knife, ect.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:05:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Oh yeah ammo ain't cheap and once your gun is sighted it, why not go back to the house?

Make sure you've got your drag rope, gutting knife, ect.

Oh, you guys are SHOOTERS. You ain't Fuddites.

I reload, and it's a pretty scientific process, so I'm not blowin' the target stand down with full-auto beltfeds, or anything.

You know the guys I'm talking about...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top