Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2005 11:28:51 AM EDT
at the camden shoot yesterday i got to shoot some class III stuff and now i must own something. would love an m16 but cannot afford one. what about a silenced uzi? someone tell me the best bang for the buck class III weapon. and a synopsis of exactly what i will have to do to own it. thanks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:29:25 AM EDT
[#1]
MAC 10
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:34:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Ruger AC556's are actually reasonably priced and pretty neat.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:35:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
MAC 10

+ Form 4, signed off by your chief LEO in the area, aka Police Chief, Sheriff etc etc

+ Prints and Form 4 sent off the to ATF with a $200 check for the "tax"

+ 6-9month wait

Or, alternatively, you could form a Corporation (mine's a Nevada Corp - 30 minutes of work and under $100 bucks to file) and avoid the whole sign-off/prints issue.  FWIW, my first transfer took exactly 9 months.  First transfer after setting up a corp took 4 months for the paperwork on a can to go through and 3 months for my Oly RR.

Macs are a real good way to get into NFA.  I never got one myself...I went the Uzi route instead.

Sheep
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:38:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
MAC 10

+ Form 4, signed off by your chief LEO in the area, aka Police Chief, Sheriff etc etc

+ Prints and Form 4 sent off the to ATF with a $200 check for the "tax"

+ 6-9month wait

Or, alternatively, you could form a Corporation (mine's a Nevada Corp - 30 minutes of work and under $100 bucks to file) and avoid the whole sign-off/prints issue.  FWIW, my first transfer took exactly 9 months.  First transfer after setting up a corp took 4 months for the paperwork on a can to go through and 3 months for my Oly RR.

Macs are a real good way to get into NFA.  I never got one myself...I went the Uzi route instead.

Sheep

sheep, where is a good place for me to go to for some tips on the corp. route? also where is a good place to price some classIII stuff? thanks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:38:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:42:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
sheep, where is a good place for me to go to for some tips on the corp. route? also where is a good place to price some classIII stuff? thanks.

Huge resource here on our very own, beloved ARFCOM....go to the AR-15 forum, click on this:

M16 - Full Auto

FWIW, I got into my Uzi a looooooooooooong time ago, when they were quite a bit cheaper.  Gloftoe is correct....a Mac will run you about half what an Uzi will.  The AC556 is another good bet, but still more than a MAC.

Sheep
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:44:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huge resource here on our very own, beloved ARFCOM....go to the AR-15 forum, click on this:

M16 - Full Auto

FWIW, I got into my Uzi a looooooooooooong time ago, when they were quite a bit cheaper.  Gloftoe is correct....a Mac will run you about half what an Uzi will.  The AC556 is another good bet, but still more than a MAC.

Sheep

copy, thanks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:47:10 AM EDT
[#8]
stens are running about $4-5k now and they work pretty well, easily suppressed too...  
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:51:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
copy, thanks.

Good luck on your journey.  Watch out for David_Hineline.  Mangina's always a little sandy with him.

Hmmm.....Stens. *goes off to GunBroker.com*

Sheep
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:53:15 AM EDT
[#10]
I would really like a FA rifle but since there is nowhere nearby I can shoot I gotta stick with SMGs, think of where you can shoot it first,

Would suck to have a MG you cant shoot on auto anywhere close.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:00:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I would really like a FA rifle but since there is nowhere nearby I can shoot I gotta stick with SMGs, think of where you can shoot it first,

tax, this may be a stupid question, but what do you do with a SMG that is different than a FA rifle?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:01:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

tax, this may be a stupid question, but what do you do with a SMG that is different than a FA rifle?

I can shoot it at the indoor range that allows class 3 stuff, they dont allow rifles though.

The outdoor ranges dont allot class 3.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:01:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Reisings are still somewhat inexpensive and are .45
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:04:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Would an LLC count?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:05:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can shoot it at the indoor range that allows class 3 stuff, they dont allow rifles though.

The outdoor ranges dont allot class 3.

is it legal to shoot on private ground(outside the city limits), assuming it is legally owned?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:05:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Many of the ranges out here also prohibit FA fire.  I solve this by simply driving out into the Nat'l Forrest or BLM land.  Does tend to make the rangers a little jumpy tho'.  

Strangely enough, if I am on the clock and in the blue monkey suit, I can blaze away all I want at a range, but apperantly as soon as I put on the civillian togs, I become a dangerous idiot.

Sheep
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:06:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Would an LLC count?

Yes.  Mine is an LLC.

Sheep
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:06:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I drive 3 hrs to shoot at an outdoor range and I'd drive 6 if need be.  Course I only get them out 4-5 times a year.    
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:08:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
is it legal to shoot on private ground(outside the city limits), assuming it is legally owned?

Yes.  Might expect the Sheriff's Office to wander by and inquire as to what's up though.   Be prepared to educate the deputies.  Many of them will want to see your "machine gun permit".  Explaining to them that no such thing exists can be daunting....and I'm a cop.

Sheep
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top