Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2005 3:36:02 PM EDT
I like the looks of the black one and how thin it is.  Ity may be time to upgrade for my 5+ years old Nokia.

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:38:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:40:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Are they durable?  I put my phone through hell on a daily basis (Samsung x427) and it hasn't failed me yet, even after letting it play in the washing machine 8 times.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:50:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:01:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I handled one a few weeks ago. The girl at the local pizza place had one. Seemed rather flimsy to me. I felt like I was gonna break it, just opening it up. The screen was hardly what I would call quality, either. I'll stick with my motorola v551.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:02:45 PM EDT
[#5]
A friend of mine has had 2, the first one died after 6 weeks, so they sent him a new one which he says is going strong so far.  Apparently it is a common complaint, that a small percent die after 6-8 weeks.  I am waiting a few weeks to see if his keeps working before I make the investment.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:50:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I got a RAZR a few months ago and I'm happy with it so far.  The camera isn't all that great but I got it for the slim profile.  My last phone was a bit chunky but The RAZR easily slips in my front pocket.  Surprisingly, quite a few ladies who've seen me talking on the RAZR have asked to see the phone.  It's been a great conversation piece.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:01:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:05:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:03:42 PM EDT
[#9]
From reading many cell-related forums (I went through the same decisions not too long ago), The biggest issue with the Motorola v3 RAZR (and most other motorola phones, is their lack of a good QC. You might get a good one, or you might get a really bad one, and it is totally random and seems to happen in the negative more often than with other brand phones.

While I do like the "styling", I went with the Nokia 6230b with Cingular. I have been using Nokias for years so I am very used to their menu structure. It also has a blazingly fast menu (you push a button and it reacts instantly without lag). Nokia's also tend to have better reception than Motorolas in general, although the v3 is supposed to be very good. In the end, I decided on a proven boring quantity over style.

Do the pocket test too. Stick it in your pocket. Although it's very thin, it's VERY wide and long relative to others. My Nokia is thicker, but much more comfortable actually in the pocket.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:08:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a black one and the screen is hard to read when you are out in bright sun.  I also have reception problem but that's more to do with Cingular than anything else.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:00:15 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd hold out for the V3x, due out later this year.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:51:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Had mine 3-4 months. No complaints except that I wanted/got a black Razr & MAN does it get HOT when it sits in the glove compartment in a closed car in the sun. (no celllphones inside the fence)
Stay safe
Top Top