Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2005 4:08:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:15:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I find that interesting to say the least.

-Ben
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:25:42 PM EDT
[#2]
now they just need to add that zombie that jumps out and screams at the end of the video!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:27:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never been to New Orleans but I'd wished I could have seen it as it was. My parents both went  there last year and loved the place.

I've read all of Anne Rice's books, most based at some point in NO and from what I have read I have a feeling for the atmosphere and sights that were there.

I hope some if not all can be recovered ....

In all the hysteria over looting/cop looting/shootings etc we loose a sence of what the place was about.

All those famous streets and sights that people from all over the world came to see.

Ghosts/spirits/voodoo is all part of NO just as much as the music and the people are

I'd like to think that one day I could see the NO that Anne Rice wrote so lovingly about

Taffy
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:31:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've never been to New Orleans but I'd wished I could have seen it as it was. My parents both went  there last year and loved the place.

I've read all of Anne Rice's books, most based at some point in NO and from what I have read I have a feeling for the atmosphere and sights that were there.

In all the hysteria over looting/cop looting/shootings etc we loose a sence of what the place was about.

All those famous streets and sights that people from all over the world came to see.

Ghosts/spirits/voodoo is all part of NO just as much as the music and the people are

I'd like to think that one day I could see the NO that Anne Rice wrote so lovingly about

Taffy

Anne Rice is a hack. Now Bram Stoker, HE could write.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:35:59 PM EDT
[#5]
There used to be a big haunted house tour in NO.  Supposedly a lot of the buildings there are haunted.

When you have NG troops swearing they are seeing things and chaplains performing exorcisms... it really makes you wonder.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:38:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Taffy

Hardly a hack let's be fair
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:38:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Taffy

LOL, preach it bro'.

Speed
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:40:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
There used to be a big haunted house tour in NO.  Supposedly a lot of the buildings there are haunted.

When you have NG troops swearing they are seeing things and chaplains performing exorcisms... it really makes you wonder.

What do you expect from a city that freaking corrupt and unsavory?

Now if only we could perform an exorcism on the demon of stupidity haunting Ted Kennedy's suit.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#9]
[wiggle fingers] Boogie, boogie, boogie... [/wiggle fingers]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:49:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Yeah, wonder what else leaked into that water.

ghosts
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#11]
tag
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:18:26 PM EDT
[#12]
religious propaganda
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:21:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Maybe some of those spooks will follow the CHP officers gun grabbers home and haunt them for the rest of their lives.  

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:31:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:34:07 PM EDT
[#15]
That was stupid.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:38:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:43:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I was occupied by this...

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:52:45 PM EDT
[#18]
I saw two large green globules bouncing slightly during the story.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:58:34 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/Def_Man/rosales.jpg

is that where they store water?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:09:58 PM EDT
[#20]
That spec 4 had some tig ol bitties
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:20:28 PM EDT
[#21]
NG from California seeing shit?  No way dude.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:23:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Taffy

Sorry to dispute your assertion Taffy, but according to the official
Bram Stoker biography page I just Googled, he too, was a hack.

"Bram Stoker, hack writer, was born near Dublin on November 8, 1847."

So there you have it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:28:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/Def_Man/rosales.jpg

is that where they store water?

Yup! Camel Fronts
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:31:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Ghosts and spirits of little girls blah blah blah....   No such animal exists.  

Its satan and his buddies screwing around (2 Cor 11:14) with impressionable humans.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:34:44 PM EDT
[#25]

Ummm.. ok....

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:23:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Taffy

Sorry to dispute your assertion Taffy, but according to the official
Bram Stoker biography page I just Googled, he too, was a hack.

"Bram Stoker, hack writer, was born near Dublin on November 8, 1847."

So there you have it.

Who?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:13:52 PM EDT
[#27]
That was kinda interesting, whether you believe in ghost or not I bet its damn creepy walking around that old town at night with nothing but dead people laying around and no electricity.

By the way whats the best round for ghost and where do you aim.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:22:48 PM EDT
[#28]
I think the flood waters actually cleaned up that nasty city. If you have never been there, even before the storm you haven't missed much. Except maybe the Beignets!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:25:10 PM EDT
[#29]
One soldier was trying to telll them that the passages told of a great storm that washed away a city and there were bodies in the city etc.... Trying to tie it in. . Reading WAYYYYYY too much into it and adding his own  for sure. It also does not speak of a great storm washing away a city in the chapters they mentioned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top