Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2005 12:19:58 PM EDT
Well made? Accurate? Pros and Cons of it?

Seems like it would be a handy little .22 to have.

Any info would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:31:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I had an early one (vintage 1990 or so).

Nice handy little rifle.  Reliable (no malfunctions of any kind).  Accuracy was mediocre, usually 3" or so at 25 yards.  I suspect much of this crappy accuracy was the gritty, heavy trigger.  With some minimal work it might improve considerably.  I sold mine years ago.

It is vastly superior to the AR7 crap on the market now.  However, I wished it was blued and walnut and somewhat cheaper than the current $200+.  $200 is a lotta cash for what boils down to a basic $99 Marlin model 60 with a barrel nut, a wrench and a case..
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:34:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought one of the first ones that came out, and it was probably one of the best firearms purchases I have ever made!  Definitely gets the most use of all my rifles, including the AR's

Buy one, you won't regret it!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:39:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I had one back around 1990 as well. Mine would jam on just about every kind of ammo except one brand ( I think it was premium Remington of some type I can't remember). Anyway it could have been the mags or an easy fix but I really didn't care and just went back to shooting my 10/22 all the time. I paid $125 for it back then and sold it in 1995 for $125. That is the only firearm I have ever bought and then sold, it just never worked right for me. If I had it today I would keep it and tinker with it to make it work right, I just didn't care back then. It was a neat little rifle though.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:44:49 PM EDT
[#4]
i had an ar-7, model 60, and papoose. still have the papoose. its been great rilfle and i have no regrets. the only things i would like to see are high cap mags and some type of folding stock.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:00:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry, I don't do impressions.  (Airplane )
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:09:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Shirley you can't be serious.......
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:10:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought one several years back, had it to the range a couple times.  Seems like sometimes it jammed on either the first or last round in the mag.  Other than that, a good gun for what it was.  I still have it around somewhere.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:25:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought one back in the late 90s.  It's a fun little rifle.  The site on the end of the barrel flew off once while shooting but, otherwise it's a good little 22.  I've probably put 10,000 rounds through it with very few failures.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:36:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I would have to say it's the gun I grab when I just want to have fun.  Countless bricks of ammo thru it, accuracy is decent, don't expect a naildriver, but it's lethal on squirrels!

Make sure and pic up some extra mags!  These little plinkers love to be fed.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:04:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I have had a stainless one for a few years. the OEM mag would jam if fully loaded. I bought 3 ten rounders and its totally reliable with them if i only load 9 in each mag.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:33:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shirley you can't be serious.......

I am...  And don't call me Shirley.  <rimshot>
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top