Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2005 4:21:15 PM EDT
When describing a house painter.

It is proper to describe him as a "Regular fucking Rembrandt' without being considered crude.

Agree?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:25:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Meat-man... ever since my son was... never born, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:30:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:31:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Religion forum?

I really don't know where this one belongs.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:33:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Meat-man... ever since my son was... never born, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.

well, i was going to answer the question, but after reading this post, i don't know how coherent i could be.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:35:54 PM EDT
[#5]
words like "fuck" or "shit" are vulgarities, not profanity, ergo religious rank has nothing to do with them.  that said, it is impossible to use them without sounding pretty fucking crude.

but who gives a shit?

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:45:45 PM EDT
[#6]
poo poo and pee pee.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:55:57 PM EDT
[#7]
profanity I don't believe is sinful..... with the exception of goddamn. but goddamn is only sinful when used in vain.....
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
profanity I don't believe is sinful..... with the exception of goddamn. but goddamn is only sinful when used in vain.....

profanity--that is, using the name of god in vain, is expressly prohibited in the bible.

"oh my god!" is a sin, unless one is airectly speaking to IHVH.

"oh, shit" is not a sin.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top