Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 11:05:10 PM EDT
Have any of you guys ever really thought of going to the middle east to try to collect some of those 1,000,000 bountys on some of those wanted.

Tell the truth
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:06:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I've really thought about it but there's no way I could really do it.  Some guy a year ago got arrested in Afganistan for doing the same thing.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:10:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I remember reading about that. You would have to hire a good guide you trust . But all you would have to do is make a call . You would not go in with guns blazing.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:11:16 PM EDT
[#3]
hell ya!  

but, where do you even start?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:19:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I have. Sure, they're gunna expect the dielsel American soldier to come, but they don't think about the chubby guy with a guitar case. I could hide in plain sight.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:22:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
hell ya!  

but, where do you even start?

I guess the first thing is cash just like the CIA used to get a lot of the warlords on their side.
You would have to make a contact with a person here first who speaks  afgan or pakistain and wants to do the same thing and has family there  . With a passport you can go there. What you do then once you get there have him do the talking, you never know what you will over hear in a coffee shop or in a market.I just rattling off things .I don't know just talking out my ass
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:01:15 AM EDT
[#6]
What if one Osama's followers turns him in? He better not be able to get any reward money. We should tell them well give them money and when they turn Osama in arrest their ass too
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:35:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Only in the sense that if said "wanted person" knocked on my door and was already handcuffed... then, yeah, I've thought about it.

Let me simplify that... I have thought about receiving large amounts of cash for doing nothing.

Yeah, now that I think about it, no bounty-hunting or work involved.... just me and some free cash.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:51:05 AM EDT
[#8]
send this tool guy!

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:45:53 AM EDT
[#9]
First you have to attend the six-hour long seminar so you can qualify to wear the black hat with "Bounty Hunter" written on it. Bring your checkbook..
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:48:59 AM EDT
[#10]
My family loves that show....and we can all sing the theme song...

The episode where the police canine can't find the suspect who ran off...but the Dog and his brother track him and catch him is funny as hell.

Essayons
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:53:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Sure, my team of ex-military & loyal Paki's go in, extract Omar & Osama and I take them wrapped up in strait jackets to the local sheriff.  The team splits the reward 5 ways.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:46:28 AM EDT
[#12]
asssisted with collection with a buddy in houston while young and dumb...most of the bad guys are dumber than i was...
we even got one at church with his mama once...moms was more dangerous than the perp
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:53:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Actually, a couple of guys and I, when I was still in the Navy had come up with a plan when there was a $1000000 bounty on Quadafi's head, back in the 80's.

We had most of the details worked out, except getting out when the deed was done.

That was the most difficult part, we were not comfortable with the risk of getting out of country vs the gain. Now $25000000 for OBL, or is it $50000000 now......

But we parted ways long ago

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:56:03 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
My family loves that show....and we can all sing the theme song...

The episode where the police canine can't find the suspect who ran off...but the Dog and his brother track him and catch him is funny as hell.

Essayons

My favorite episode was when Dog and clan was trying to find someone in a neighborhood. Things started to get ugly and the Dog and clan started getting there butts kicked. They sprayed mace all over the place and ended up macing his own son(s)  
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:59:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Hehe, we'll probably bring in the wrong guy!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:04:51 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Sure, my team of ex-military & loyal Paki's go in, extract Omar & Osama and I take them wrapped up in strait jackets to the local sheriff. The team splits the reward 5 ways.

insert * A-team theme*

ETA: I really screwed that up.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:46:36 PM EDT
[#17]
I was a bail bond agent for nine years and hunted my own bail jumpers. people can be very difficult to locate and depending on where they flee to, it can be expensive to track them down, or in some states illegal to take them into custody. The pay is not good when you take into account the long hours(totally boring) and the possible risks to life and limb when the actual take down occurs. Hours or days of mind numbing surveillance, followed by(if you're lucky) 30 seconds of excitement.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:53:55 PM EDT
[#18]
I think if I had $10,000,000 in cash I could find OBL in one year.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:20:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I think if I had $10,000,000 in cash I could find OBL in one year.

Needs more zero's.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:57:41 PM EDT
[#20]
www.intellius.com

"hi, my name is sirensong, and i'm running a skip-trace on this guy.  can i see UBL's voter registration?"

"WHAT!  he used his credit card again?  eeeediot!"

"find him--heh--i called his mamma fat.  he'll find me.  now where are my zip-ties?"
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:08:36 PM EDT
[#21]
All the time, but it is not really an option for me I am afraind (wife won't let me do dangerous fun stuff too often anymore)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top