Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 8:02:00 AM EDT
Everyone knows the standard AFRCOM answer…Get both!

There was a thread in the Pit here where there was some pro NRA versus anti-NRA (or NRA isn’t good enough or whatever) quibbling.  There has been a lot of this over the last few days because people are wondering what the various RKBA orgs are doing about the confiscations.

I used to be an NRA member but I thought they were too PC and compromised too much so I quit and decided to support JPFO.
JPFO is pretty much no-compromise and that’s good but huge membership numbers are good too.  So I threw out an offer.  I would join NRA if some NRA supported would support JPFO by paying for membership, making a contribution or buying merchandise (like the excellent JPFO books and movie).

Rifleman2000 has taken me up on the offer!  Thanks Rifleman200 and cheers to the RKBA!  So I’m joining the NRA.

I’m hoping other ARFCOM members who belong to non-NRA RKBA orgs will post here looking for an NRA member to match up with (and vice-versa) to do the same thing.  Please consider it guys.

We’ll see who there are more of offering to do this deal: NRA members or non-NRA RKBA org members.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:04:03 AM EDT
[#1]
i think the only thing people could have EVER said bad about the NRA is if they sold out some gun owners for others.

BUT COME ON! Did anyone see when they said screw the gun liability act so they would not have to renew the AWB?  This shows they are huge and on both sides.

GET BOTH!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:05:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

There was a thread in the Pit here where there was some pro NRA versus anti-NRA (or NRA isn’t good enough or whatever) quibbling.  There has been a lot of this over the last few days because people are wondering what the various RKBA orgs are doing about the confiscations.

I used to be an NRA member but I thought they were too PC and compromised too much so I quit and decided to support JPFO.
JPFO is pretty much no-compromise and that’s good but huge membership numbers are good too.  So I threw out an offer.  I would join NRA if some NRA supported would support JPFO by paying for membership, making a contribution or buying merchandise (like the excellent JPFO books and movie).

Rifleman2000 has taken me up on the offer!  Thanks Rifleman200 and cheers to the RKBA!  So I’m joining the NRA.

I’m hoping other ARFCOM members who belong to non-NRA RKBA orgs will post here looking for an NRA member to match up with (and vice-versa) to do the same thing.  Please consider it guys.

We’ll see who there are more of offering to do this deal: NRA members or non-NRA RKBA org members.

Hey I am the NRA and GOA (just sent more $) and sent more $ to the JPFO.

We need as many orgs out there with as many members as possible.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:07:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey I am the NRA and GOA (just sent more $) and sent more $ to the JPFO.

We need as many orgs out there with as many members as possible.

Shit, man...I'm too broke to do some kind of three-way deal.
Besides, getting people on ARFCOM to reciprocate across two memberships is going to be hard enough to coordinate.

Let some people start catching up by helping with 2 orgs and we'll just consider you going above and beyond.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:28:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Get on this folks.  Unfortuneately, some of the NRA bashers won't put up money for anything, and will still be suprised when our 2nd Amendment rights are stripped.  

These organizations need money, and most importantly membership.  NRA is so powerful because of its grassroots membership.  The politicians can only snub so many voters before they lose.  Join up and get a friend to.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:30:08 AM EDT
[#5]
<tipping hat to Iamlegend>

Like everyone, I want bang for my buck.

I'd like to hear some sales pitches on who also to support.

Some I'm also considering -

JPFO

SAF

GOA

Pink Pistols (yeah, its weird )

Others
Sell me.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:47:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm a member of the NRA (the Gang of Four Million has the most cred in DC).  I also joined GOA since they have a reputation for being no-compromise, covering my bases should the NRA falls short.  Last, I joined SAF.  The SAF made the cut because they were instrumental in getting CCW legislation passed in Ohio, so I figure I owe them.  
rifleman2000's right about the bashers.  They just want an excuse for not writing the check.  There's a lot of good work done by the NRA, GOA, SAF and others, but some people would rather bitch.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:49:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I am:

Lifetime NRA

Lifetime GOA

JPFO member

LEAA member
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:03:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I am:

Lifetime NRA

Lifetime GOA

JPFO member

LEAA member

Wow.  When you say Fight4yourrights you're putting your money where your mouth is.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:10:04 AM EDT
[#9]
<----Life member NRA/GOA!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:10:17 AM EDT
[#10]
If you sign up for lifetime membership in the GOA, you get one free 2 day course at Front Sight.

The offer is here...
www.gunowners.org/subguns3.htm

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:12:40 AM EDT
[#11]
I really need to renew my NRA membership.  Since I'm online I might as well do it now.

BRB.....

eta:  Took me all of 7 minutes but I also signed up my 6 year old.  I'm sure he'll like reading the magazine.  

I'm already with the local Oregon Firearms Federation, so maybe the GOA is next.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:29:12 AM EDT
[#12]
[sarcasm]    I am shocked, SHOCKED none of the NRA bashers have showed up to take up this reasonable offer.[/sarcasm]

I can only conclude the NRA bashers -

1. Hate everyone, even their own mother

2. Are DUh'ers / anti gunner trolls

and / or

3. the human equivalent of poo stains on their own Hanes
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:49:32 AM EDT
[#13]
The NRA is running a special. You can sign up for $25 for the one year membership.

NRA Link

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:33:00 AM EDT
[#14]
The NRA is the only pro 2nd amd. organization in DC with any teath.  This is because of her 4,000,000+ members, and their ability to get these members to the polls.  As a life member, I encourage everyone to first join the NRA, and then join the smaller groups.

I also contribute to GOA, as they "Keep the Faith" without compromise, however they only have a fraction of the lobbying influence that the NRA does.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:44:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Ok which first, ARFCOM membership or NRA/other gun supporter group?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:58:55 AM EDT
[#16]
NRA and SAF member here

I think SAF does a lot of good work though they don't get as much attention as the other guys.

As to ARFCOM team membership vs gun-rights group, I say get a gun rights group membership first.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:35:04 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Ok which first, ARFCOM membership or NRA/other gun supporter group?

Well, which is more important to you - the ability to whine on the  internet, or your RKBA?

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:48:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Still no NRA bashers willing to take the challenge?

Poo stains....nothin' more.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:24:02 AM EDT
[#19]
My paperwork is getting processed and my card etc. will be here soon.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Top Top