Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 9:11:52 PM EDT
Anyone ever buy after a hurricane, fire, or earthquake?

on ebay no less
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:13:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I know a guy who just bought a $250K house in Covington LA.  One week after the hurricane hit.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:59:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Is this a joke?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:03:01 PM EDT
[#3]
There was a fire company owned by some rich fella in Rome back in the day, or so the story goes.  Anyway, he'd dispatch his fire company to a home and when they got there, they'd offer the homeowner about ten percent of the price of the home.  If they agreed, the fire company would put out the fire.  If not, well... they had better things to do.

Your friend sounds like a real standup guy.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:12:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Is it time to buy in New Orleans?

Absolutely.  Yes.

Big-Time buyers market.  

(Before the gallery goes apeshit, my M.I.L, F.I.L, B.I.L & Sister-In-Law are still waiting.  Some of them will live with us before they'll make it back to their homes.)
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:15:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Only buy things you like and will use.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:17:12 PM EDT
[#6]
jsut buy a looter shirt

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ORLEANS-POLICE-HURRICANE-KATRINA-LOOTER-T-SHIRT_W0QQitemZ8333481236QQcategoryZ15687QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:20:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I would think insurance would be almost impossible to get in that area...
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:31:21 PM EDT
[#8]
The vast majority of NOLA is going to fall under eminent domain by way of redevelopment. May be that will work out for you, maybe not.

NOLA isn't going to be rebuilt one house at a time.

There will be a city at the mouth of the Miss. and it's likely to be quite a place given they'll be starting more or less from scratch. A planned community of that size built from scratch may be unique in all the world.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top