Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 7:18:18 PM EDT
I was at China Mart (I don't care what you think about it, I just wanted to get some necessities and maybe a movie) tonight and got my crap pretty quickly when I approached the receipt checker.

Now, I'm always the dude to contest it but I couldn't tonight. This guy was sitting on his chair, probably in his 70s, and as I was walking by, I noticed him stick his hand out for me to hand him my receipt. Everyone else was just walking by and he wouldn't say a word, and I felt sorry for the old man being ignored. So when it finally hit me that this guy was earning a paycheck, I went against my grain, and let him check my receipt with the highlighter. Told him God bless and have a good night.

I don't know why, but it just felt good.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:20:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Screw Chinamart, but you respected an elder.

Ya did good.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:20:23 PM EDT
[#2]
AH how sweet! Sounds like your getting soft!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:21:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I did have he urge to draw down in true arfcom fashion though

Must resist..
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:23:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I did have he urge to draw down in true arfcom fashion though

Must resist..

Well just next time a elbow to the fore head... That will make it even...
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:27:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Probably the store manager's Dad.

"Nursing Home, my ass, you'll work!!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top