Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 5:31:36 PM EDT
Some fancy ethics panel this weekend, soundbite heard on Savage.  Cool!  So croaking a l**ter could be called "self-help law enforcement", and would be OK with this *-American genius.  

Anita Allen

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:51:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Heard that, too. She blamed Bush, of course, claiming that ""self-help humanitarian relief" became necessary when residents became convinced that FEMA wasn't coming to save them...um...roughly 10 minutes after the wind died down enough to venture outside and start busting into stores.

Here's the article where she first coined the term:

www.nj.com/columns/ledger/allen/index.ssf?/base/columns-0/1125815524301790.xml&coll=1
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:54:19 PM EDT
[#2]
hmmmmm depends on what kind of looting. if they're grabbing groceries, I honestly dont have that big of a problem. they'll need them even though it still is kinda stealing, but it is desperate times......

now these assclowns who are robbing the local Neiman Marcus there need their skulls crushed.. THAT is looting....... stealing double digit thousands of dollars worth of jewelry.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:52:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Personally, I prefer the term "Undocumented Shopper"...

Quoted:
hmmmmm depends on what kind of looting. if they're grabbing groceries, I honestly dont have that big of a problem. they'll need them even though it still is kinda stealing, but it is desperate times......

Unless they're leaving cash, a check or an I.O.U. in the cash register till, they are still taking someone else's property with no intention of ever paying for it. Call it "self-assistance", "merchandise liberation" or whatever euphanism you want, but it's still theft.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:15:24 PM EDT
[#4]
She is really pretty.  Too bad she is dumb.  

Memo to anita:  Smile, look cute and pretty.  Don't try to think thoughts, you are just not up to that task.

ba, ma, phd, in what, in what, in what.  The jd is negative education.  I'll bet her other 'degrees' are also in nonsense and bullshit.  A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

She probably thinks of herself as intelligent and very well educated.  Almost certianly she doesn't know enough to realize that she has extremely low critical thinking abilities and can't reach correct conclusions.

Too bad.  But, no pity for her, she chose to learn nothing of value and consequently not be able to think.

Pretty face though.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:21:57 AM EDT
[#5]
"un-authorized inventory reduction"
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:37:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Memo to anita:  Smile, look cute and pretty.  Don't try to think thoughts, you are just not up to that task.

ba, ma, phd, in what, in what, in what.  The jd is negative education.  I'll bet her other 'degrees' are also in nonsense and bullshit.  A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

She probably thinks of herself as intelligent and very well educated.  Almost certianly she doesn't know enough to realize that she has extremely low critical thinking abilities and can't reach correct conclusions.

Too bad.  But, no pity for her, she chose to learn nothing of value and consequently not be able to think.

Pretty face though.

I'd hit it....
With a 2x4 up the side of her academic liberal head.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:40:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Pretty face though.

Shhhh, shhhh.  You're so much prettier when you don't talk.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:41:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Pretty face though.

Pretty, huh?  She looks like Mike Tyson's twin sister.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:45:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

now these assclowns who are robbing the local Neiman Marcus there need their skulls crushed.. THAT is looting....... stealing double digit thousands of dollars worth of jewelry.

Which is exactly what she says in the article.  She compares people looting food or a portable radio and some batteries to power it with those looting retail stores for items they don't need.

Of course the brain trust here at arfcom will demonize her for saying the exact thing that most of this board has been saying since day one.

btw, she even recommended the ones who took needed food or equipment try to make restitution afterwards.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:45:46 AM EDT
[#10]
DFC*

D = dumb. You can figure out the rest.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:02:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Of course if it happened to her, she would be screaming for National Guard to come in a shoot the looters.

ETA:  Note the FULL name: Anita L. Allen-Castellitto, I get the feeling that she does not come into to much actual contact with the "looting Class"
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:05:11 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I don't mean to target just you, but your post shows my point. There is no such thing as "Sort of"

stealing. If you take something that isn't yours without paying... you just stole something. Now, stealing

in times of desperation is a different argument, but let's not try to dance around what is actually

happening: Mom and Pop grocery stores or even corporate grocery stores are being robbed.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:10:02 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Some fancy ethics panel this weekend, soundbite heard on Savage.  Cool!  So croaking a l**ter could be called "self-help law enforcement", and would be OK with this *-American genius.  

Anita Allen

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top