Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 9:11:30 AM EDT
My wife's $500 Bose Wave Radio wakes her up every morning with "easy listening" music. That's it...two  minutes a day, tops. How can something as annoying as music be so wildly popular?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:19:50 AM EDT
[#1]
So let me get this straight....  She bought a $500 radio to use as an alarm clock?    I hope you get more use out of it than that!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:21:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Music is annoying? Or just "Easy Listening"?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:21:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Does it play CDs?  You should have it play Pink Floyd "Time" from Dark Side of the Moon.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:22:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
So let me get this straight....  She bought a $500 radio to use as an alarm clock?    I hope you get more use out of it than that!

500 dollars for a alarm clock,  that's funny.   *insert 'owned' picture here*
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:26:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Everyone has their toys.
They'd wince when we pay that amount for a scope and it doesn't even magnify
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:31:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

500 dollars for a alarm clock,  that's funny.   *insert 'owned' picture here*

There's more. I hooked it up to the TV, so we could have better sound than the TV speakers in the bedroom. It sounded great. Nope, too loud. Not really loud, just better sound quality. She wanted the relatively "tinny" TV speaker sound.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:35:33 AM EDT
[#7]
My two Bose Wave radios cost me $350 each.  I don't have the CD models, but I understand they are very nice.

We use ours as alarm clock radios...but they are both used during the day just for listening as well.  I have never heard better sound out of any box many times the size...and what is more important for one who lives out in the boonies as I do, the front end of the radio is superb.  That radio picks up the weakest signals and processes them well.

Worth every penny.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top