Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 6:32:29 AM EDT
Following attachment is a scan of a fax that a local BP station got. The document was for managers only and not meant for outside distribution. I'll let you draw your own conclusion, but allotments sound a lot like rationing to me, especially when added to "operate our business in normal a manner as possible."

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:47:12 AM EDT
[#1]
It sounds like they may have limited sources so they are just trying to spread all the gas out so that no specific area runs out gas causing huge price spikes like what happend in Atlanta.  It seems they wanted to keep the price changes as infrequent and steady as possible so they don't piss off the customers.  Sounds like a good plan to me.  I don't see it as rationing at all.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:54:44 AM EDT
[#2]
There's quite a difference between company policy and government policy.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:07:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Pfft. It's two weeks old. No doubt the policy has been revised and redirected four times a day since it was originally posted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top