Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 3:37:39 AM EDT
just incase you didn't hear about this. I just got this in the in-box this morning

Don't know whether you heard about this but Denzel Washington and his family visited the troops at Brook Army Medical Center, in San Antonio,Texas  (BAMC)  the other day. This is where soldiers that have been evacuated from Germany come to be hospitalized in the States, especially burn victims.  They have buildings there called Fisher Houses. The Fisher House is a hotel where soldiers' families can stay, for little or no charge, while their soldier is staying in the hospital. BAMC has quite a few of these houses on base but as you can imagine, they are almost completely filled most of the time.

While Denzel Washington was visiting BAMC, they gave him a tour of one of the Fisher Houses. He asked how much one of them would cost to  build. He took his check book out and wrote a check for the full amount right there on the spot.  The soldiers overseas were amazed to hear this story and want to get the word out to the American public, because it warmed their hearts to hear it.

The question I have is why does Alec Baldwin, Madonna, Sean Penn and other Hollywood types make front page news with their anti-everything America crap and this doesn't even make page 3 in the Metro section of any newspaper except the base newspaper in San Antonio.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:39:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Great question. It must be Bush's fault
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:46:22 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted: While Denzel Washington was visiting BAMC, they gave him a tour of one of the Fisher Houses. He asked how much one of them would cost to build. He took his check book out and wrote a check for the full amount right there on the spot. The soldiers overseas were amazed to hear this story and want to get the word out to the American public, because it warmed their hearts to hear it.

Sorry, but this is a bit of an exageration.  Check Snopes at: www.snopes.com/politics/military/denzel.asp

Still a good question, though.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:49:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Soldier Of Fortune magazine wrote about it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:01:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Look what I found when I used that neat little seach button.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=388566
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:02:52 AM EDT
[#5]
a dupe and bs, how bout that. ibtl
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:33:20 AM EDT
[#6]
A semi-true story.

He did make the visit. He did make a large donation. But it wasn't enough to pay for a new Fischer House.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top