Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2005 11:39:31 PM EDT
I might just have to see The Cave. Saw the soundtrack at the store and discovered it chock full of awesome songs.

Probably a mistake to see the movie but I want to see how they incorporated them in it..
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:40:36 PM EDT
[#1]
just once

played GTA III--heard the soundtrack to Scarface

decided i had to watch scarface after i heard the soundtrac
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:41:07 PM EDT
[#2]
No, but I do have a few soundtracks to movies I've never seen.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:35:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I might just have to see The Cave. Saw the soundtrack at the store and discovered it chock full of awesome songs.

Probably a mistake to see the movie but I want to see how they incorporated them in it..

SPOILER WARNING: You may want to save your money.....I saw a review of the soundtrack on Amazon and someone who saw a sneak preview of the movie said only ONE of the soundtrack songs was even in the movie, and it was Nightwish over the closing credits....

Looks like that's gonna be another movie that releases a "soundtrack" album of stuff that was never in the movie, and then a "score" album of the instrumental stuff that was....

www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0007OP13A/qid=1126456589/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-4004371-8994412?v=glance&s=music&n=507846
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:45:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:48:47 AM EDT
[#5]
both The Cave and Alone in the Dark has great soundtracks, but neither of them used any of the songs...Except for Nightwish during the credits of both movies.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:47:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Technically a movie forum thread.
Often movies will preview before the final soundtrack is cut.
Also, they will use music during advertisements from previous popoular movies to get people to subconsciously associate the new movie with the older, good movie.

Last of the Mohicans was used for several years after that movie came out.
Also, songs on the movie don't always make the soundtrack, especially the good ones.
I once bought a soundtrack for "Everybody Knows" by Leonard Cohen.  Played prominantly in the movie but wasn't on the Soundtrack.

And those fuckers wonder why people prefer to download.

I noticed James Horner seems to do that a lot.

I hear Dances with Wolves music often, Last of the Mohicans, and Glory in a few different movies.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:01:41 AM EDT
[#7]
No, But I've bought a few soundtracks after seeing a movie; Pulp Fiction, and The Breakfast Club, maybe a few more I can't think of right now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top