Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2005 3:12:01 PM EDT
because i need to drop one of my classes, and in order to do so, they demand that i tell them the highest level of education achieved by both of my parents  why would they need to know this?

i don't know what that has to do with anything, but i ain't telling them shit
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#1]
statistical purposes

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:14:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
because i need to drop one of my classes, and in order to do so, they demand that i tell them the highest level of education achieved by both of my parents  why would they need to know this?

i don't know what that has to do with anything, but i ain't telling them shit

So if your parents are educated they will refuse you any aid. Don't tell them anything.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:15:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
statistical purposes

well i think i just pissed them off, because all of a sudden, there are holds on my record and i can't drop any classes
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:15:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Tell them your parents never got past High School. Colleges are full of liberals who celebrate mediocrity so they'll reward you. They won't reward people who were able to put several generations through college though. You're going to the "The First, The One", etc...
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:18:59 PM EDT
[#5]
they're profiling you....
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:22:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

no shit, it's racial profiling...  us whites are the minority here in texas now.  it's just "the man" trying to keep me down
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:23:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Don't you hear the choppers?  Black helicopters?

HIDE YOUR DOG!!!!

R.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:26:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

no shit, it's racial profiling...  us whites are the minority here in texas now.  it's just "the man" trying to keep me down

Same thing is happening here in CA.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:31:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:52:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:26:43 PM EDT
[#11]
well here is a novel idea, I know this sounds far fetched and probably won't register with 3/4 of the people here .........why don't you ask the  administration   why they need that info? instead of posting on a gun board, and getting all kinds of rediculous answers.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:38:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
why don't you ask the  administration   why they need that info? instead of posting on a gun board, and getting all kinds of rediculous answers.

to be honest, that's kind of what i was looking for.

for a serious answer, i will be finding someone to help me when i go back on monday....  i mean, they put holds on my record now, and i can't drop a class i need to drop
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:44:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
why don't you ask the  administration   why they need that info? instead of posting on a gun board, and getting all kinds of rediculous answers.

to be honest, that's kind of what i was looking for.

for a serious answer, i will be finding someone to help me when i go back on monday....  i mean, they put holds on my record now, and i can't drop a class i need to drop

Give them some info...any info.

It doesn't have to be correct.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:48:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Give them some info...any info.

It doesn't have to be correct.

actually, i called my dad to tell him about it.  he was fine with me giving them his info(but i still don't like giving out information like that), so if my records are being held just because of this bullshit(i'm not sure why else they would be...i'm all paid up), i'll just tell them what they want to know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top