Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2005 8:28:23 PM EDT
You know they are giving all the displaced persons from New Orleans a debit card for $2000.

What are they telling those people?
Basically here is some money and get the hell out of the shelters and take care of yourselves.
At least thats the idea I am getting from this handout.

So how long will the government take care of these people?

I can see those who will find jobs and get out on their own.

I am mainly talking about those who have been on the government welfare system and can't take care of themselves.
Are these people going to become new welfare receipents of the state of Texas?  Or California?
Just how long are we going to continue to support these people?
Shouldn't the state of Lousiana be reimbursing the other states for their costs?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:29:49 PM EDT
[#1]
The better question is:  How many generations of these people are we going to have to support?"
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:34:00 PM EDT
[#2]
True....reminds me of that bumper sticker

Keep working, millions on welfare depend on you.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:34:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

So how long will the government take care of these people?

Lifetime for some. They will be victims for eternity now.
Besides, they are "entitled" and we owe them. WTF for, I sure can't figure out but that seems to be the attitude of misguided dogooders who will only make more of a problem, dump it on everyone else's doorstep and move on. Just like they always do.

The way I figure it, if you are going to pick up strays, YOU are the one who should take care of them.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:34:23 PM EDT
[#4]
When They get there free housing paid by us. Even thou they are able to find a job and work. I can't post on these kind of threads tonight , because I will say something that will get me banned
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:42:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The better question is:  How many generations of these people are we going to have to support?"

On welfare or in prison?  I'd say at least til Jesse Jackson VI.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:45:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Probably for a couple of years. Each of them will get a couple hundred thousand from the government, then their insurance money and that'll be about the end of it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:48:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Sadly these refugees will be on the dole for a looooong time.

This 2K is only the beginning. a down payment if you will.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:49:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Probably for a couple of years. Each of them will get a couple hundred thousand from the government, then their insurance money and that'll be about the end of it.

At which point you'll begin to hear politicians (under pressure from lobbyists) talking about insurance reform.

Just like what's happened with health care, illegal’s and ingrates will run it into the ground.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:52:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm worried that some black leaders will say the N.O. refugees should be compensated like 9/11 families.  There ain't no way these refugees are getting just $2K.  The local Circuit City stores are going to run out of plasma tv's.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:53:48 PM EDT
[#10]
The 2K is walking around money.

more will follow  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:54:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm pretty sure a good many of them were already life time members of the Take Care of me club.  Patty
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:55:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Forever for some of them...that is the way of the "gov. teat suckers".
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:57:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'm pretty sure a good many of them were already life time members of the Take Care of me club.  Patty

now these dirtbags are in my beloved State showing their 'gratitude' in Houston.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:58:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Victims were victimized.....FOREVER absolutely.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:05:51 PM EDT
[#15]
The government does not take care of those people. WE DO! It's our money, period, case closed.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:05:54 PM EDT
[#16]
You know that if this happened even 100 years ago, these people would basically still be on their own.

Is it proper to keep paying these people who choose to live in a city that was under sea level?

As a taxpayer I am about fed up with paying for other peoples screw ups...you choose to live there, suffer the consequences.

I understand people died, and thats a tragedy...but why can't people learn to take care of themselves?

I don't mind giving them temporary assistance to relocate and find a new job...but I am not in favor of feeding there asses for the rest of their lives....which is probably what will happen for many of them.

Like others said...$2000 is just a downpayment
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:08:15 PM EDT
[#17]
It depends on what the government is saying the average life span for males and females is now.  Take that figure, subtract said DP's current age and add 20 years, that should get you close!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top