Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2005 7:38:41 PM EDT
Was cleaning out my Mom's garage  today prior to replacing the door and found an ammo can.  Hmm, I thought that between my brother and I, we had had a good handle on my Dad's stuff and  had divided it up pretty equitably after he passed away.

About 800 rounds GI  45 Ball and about a third  Match.  I though my Bro and I had  pretty much eaten it up back in the 70's.  Was collected at his Army Reserve shoots between about '59 and 64.  This was my Dad's "when the Commie's come" stuff.  Said that mostly jokingly but there was some concern on his part.  He was a senior LEO and USAR MP LTC and felt that there were some elements in SoCal that weren't to be trusted.  Remember these were the days of the Black Panthers, mau-mauing the flakcatchers, disarm the Police movements, etc.  And there were some real threats of civil disorder.  Having some stuff that was shall we say below the radar was maybe stretching the envelope, but  realizing that running to the gun store or Sears in an emergency in a major urban area was likely to be fruitless is certain areas blew up.  Does my brother still have his accurized 45. I don't think so.  Guess I'll keep it all.  Be good for practice at least.  It would just beat his .45 up, I'll be doing him a favor.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Wonderful that you're helping out Dear ole Mom, isn't it?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top