Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 3:14:33 PM EDT
english.people.com.cn/200509/06/eng20050906_206874.html

Sessions of the independent Commission of Oliy Majlis of Uzbekistan to investigate events in Andijan started at the Legislative Chamber on 5 September.

On the first day of the session, investigative group of the General Prosecutor's Office presented report on results of investigation of events in the city of Andijan.

According to the report, on 12-13 May 2005 a number of terrorist acts were carried out in Andijan, leading to human casualties and large material damage to private and state property. Investigation of the events in relation of 15 most active participants has been closed and submitted to court.

The investigation has established that terrorist acts in Andijan were a carefully planned action against independent policy of Uzbekistan and its national interests, organized by external destructive forces and aimed at changing the present constitutional order and establishment of an Islamic state meeting their geopolitical demands.

Investigation of the criminal case fully proved this version. In August 2004, these destructive forces with participation of international terrorist and religious extremist organizations -- Islamic Movement of Turkestan, with bases in Afghanistan and Pakistan, Hizb-ut-Tahrir with headquarters in London and one of its branches Akramiylar -- planned implementation of terrorist acts in May 2005 in Uzbekistan with the aim to seize power and overthrow the constitutional order.

As a foothold to prepare the terrorist acts, the "screenwriters" used the territory of the southern provinces of Kazakhstan, where from January to April 2005 foreign instructors taught subversive and terrorist methods to some 70 religious extremists. Besides, in the night of 13 May more than 60 trained and armed militants (Kyrgyz citizens) intruded the territory of Uzbekistan and took an active part in terrorist acts.

A total of 187 people dies as a result of the terrorist acts. 60 of them were civilians, including 2 minors and 1 woman. The terrorists killed 31 law-enforcement officers and military servicemen. During the anti-terrorist actions, 94 terrorists were liquidated.

In all, 287 persons received bodily injuries of various degree, including 91 civilian, 49 law-enforcement officers and 59 servicemen; 76 terrorists were wounded. During the terrorist acts, the criminals kidnapped 70 people, of whom 15 were severely killed.

Of the total 334 units of stolen firearms 255 were returned, including 180 automatic guns, 59 pistols, 11 rifles, 4 machineguns and 1 grenade dispenser. Besides, 16 units of firearms brought by terrorists from Kyrgyzstan, including 7 Kalashnikov guns and 2 sniper rifles with erased numbers, as well as US-made half-automatic rifle AR-15 were found and seized.

It was noted at the session that of 527 illegally freed persons 496 were returned, 6 participants of terrorist acts were liquidated, while the remaining 25 are being searched for.

Currently, investigation on the remaining 106 persons accused of taking direct part in terrorist acts is on the stage of completion.

The session of the independent commission will continue on 6 September.

half-automatic?    
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:18:49 PM EDT
[#1]
screw those half-automatics, where can I get me a grenade dispenser?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:22:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

With a flash disposer and recyclable magazines.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:27:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Severely killed? huh?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:27:34 PM EDT
[#4]
half-cal, decaf with dusting of mocca
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:30:54 PM EDT
[#5]
You would have thought that they wouldn't use Google Translator for something important like this.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:33:39 PM EDT
[#6]
6 participants of terrorist acts were "liquidated"???

why can't our media speak with their vocabulary?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:41:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Uzbekistangrish
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:48:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I think they may have used the new Jesse Jackson dictionary.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:59:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
6 participants of terrorist acts were "liquidated"???

Naturally.  Their inventories were sold at greatly reduced prices.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:00:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Better than the 1/3 automatic they saddle our troops with.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:08:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Half-automatic my goodness what are we France now that comment makes me feel sissy for owning an AR now . Is there absolutely anything we can do for even a small chance to get our gun rights restored to pre-86 condition?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

1/10th automatic
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:33:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I would take one even if it was a coin-operated grenade dispenser!!!

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:38:20 PM EDT
[#14]
How many thrusts per squeeze does a half-automatic get?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:39:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:00:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1/10th automatic

Hey, nobody ever accused me of being some sort of Mathologist!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top