Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2005 11:55:27 PM EDT
I had a great time, it was for dove.  I got a few birds and had fun.

I want to go again soon,  pheasant season is coming up.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:44:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a great time squirrel hunting this weekend, the weather was fantastic.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:54:25 AM EDT
[#2]
i went dove hunting with my grandfather this weekend-we had a great time
eta-my first dove hunt
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:41:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Dove hunting is the most shooting intensive of the kill'n' sports, especially for those of us who couldn't hit a parked 747.  

Uber funnen!    
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:21:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I also went dove hunting this weekend. Had my limit on Friday by 10:00 am. Didn't shoot as well on Saturday but I still got my limit by the end of the day. Lots of fun!!

Zip- Where did you hunt? I was up by Sterling.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:24:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Saturday was the second time in 26 YEARS I didn't go dove hunting on opening day. We didn't have enough to shoot.
I woke up all mopey and my wife told me I HAD to do something!
I went and shot Steel Challenge instead to burn some gunpowder!
I hope to pop breasts this Saturday!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:32:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a love/hate relationship with doves.  I get all excited opening day and then come sunset when I actually go out to shoot dove and I load up the boxes of shells into my vest the reality of being able to hit the suckers sink in.

My grandfather makes me so jeaous too.  While I'm blastin away with shot he sits on his front porch rocker with his .22 and claim to just shoot em the head so they taste better.

I'm really looking forward to quail/huns opening up in a few weeks.

Patty
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:33:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Welcome to your place in nature. And enjoy those birds - they are delicious!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:20:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Was out near Lamar.  

I didnt make it out there till saturday, next year i will  get out there opening day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top