Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2001 12:25:08 AM EDT
I only caught the last part of miami vice tonight on tnn, it was about 11:45pm central time thursday the 19th,anyway I was trying to find out what was that show called.I want to see it again, my bud owns the chrome spas shotgun that was shown.
He bought it last year from a dealer in miami that handles stage guns.
We both have been trying to catch the show for some time just did not know which one the gun was in. You might think how do I know it was that exact gun, well where else have you ever seen a CHROME SPAS, also where else would you EXPECT to find one! Actually the dealer said there was two in the making of that show, so at least it's a fifty fifty chance of it being the right one. Any help on the name would be helpful, thanks
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 1:25:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Was that the episode with that "bug" surveillance dude who was playing both sides?

[url]http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Set/1001/episodes.htm[/url]

Was it this one?

[b]Episode 62 Lend Me An Ear[/b]
The electronics whiz supplying Crockett & Tubbs with surveillance devices also outfits their drug-dealing quarry.

Link Posted: 7/20/2001 1:27:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I've seen most of the episodes eXcept some towards the end.

Can you describe the episode a little?

Even if it's only the end...

Edited because the keyboard is set to maXimum repeat rate.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 1:45:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Uhh, I really could not tell you what was happening in those last few minutes of that episode I was just so amazed that I actually saw the gun we have been looking for for so long. I just tuned into that gun only, wish I had seen it from the first when it started.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 2:39:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll ask my friend if he caught that episode and try to get back here later.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 4:06:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't know about the stage SPAS but I do know that they did make some. I have a friend who won one in a gun of the month raffle from one of the gun rags. He still has it and I have been trying to get it from him for years. IIRC it was back in the '80s when the SPAS was imported by FIE. The gun is not a prop but a real shooting weapon.

Ron
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 4:00:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Rons Toys:
I don't know about the stage SPAS but I do know that they did make some. I have a friend who won one in a gun of the month raffle from one of the gun rags. He still has it and I have been trying to get it from him for years. IIRC it was back in the '80s when the SPAS was imported by FIE. The gun is not a prop but a real shooting weapon.

Ron
View Quote

The gun is a F.I.E. Spas-12 (don't know what F.I.E. stands for).  I can remember this gun being in the 1984 edition of "Shooter's Bible."  Since the assault weapon's ban it seems like it has fell off the face of the earth.  I believe it has a selector between pump and semi-automatic.  If I remember correctly it is an Italian gun.  Several weeks ago I read an article in a magazine that referred to it like it was an antique.  It stated the manufacturer but I can't recall who it was.  I have not been aggressively looking for one but if I ran across it I'd love to have one.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 4:52:41 PM EDT
[#7]
The F in FIE is for Franchi, the Italian gun manufacturer who made the Spas. You might link to www.miami-vice.org, someone there will be able I am sure to get you to the correct shows. One time the Spas was used by the Argentine contract killer in the episode "Caldrone Returns" I belive is the correct name. It is in several of the episodes. They are in the 1st year now of Vice on TNN which is on at 1900 and 2300 Central time M-F.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 5:19:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Your friend may own the exact gun used in the show and he may not. CheckMate of Brooksville
Florida has put a hard chrome finish on thousands of Ar, Ak, Benelli, Spas, HK and other weapons. The finish is very popular among
people that work and play on the water as well as landlubbers here in Florida.

Link Posted: 7/20/2001 6:16:39 PM EDT
[#9]
FIE stands for Firearms Import Export, I think they were out of FL,
the SPAS has been imported by a few different companies before the ban hit and is one of the listed ones. You still see them at the gun shows and they usually go anywhere from $800-$1500.
Ron
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top