Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2005 8:04:48 AM EDT
This past Saturday 9/3/05 I lost my oldest brother and sister-in-law in a motorcycle accident on I-80 at the NE - WY border. Another one of my other brothers was also on the ride but is safe except for the fact that he witnessed the accident and the horrific aftermath.

My question is what is the statue of that is across from the "Welcome to Nebraska" sign on eastbound interstate 80 ? I ask this because that is the location where they perished.

Thanks,
Jim
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:21:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I am very sorry for your tragic loss.

I know there is a large shrine of the Virgin Mary that overlooks Pine Bluff, WY, which is just on the WY side of the border on I-80.

Hail Mary,
   full of grace,
   the Lord is with you.

Blessed are you among women
   and blessed is the fruit of your womb.

Holy Mary, mother of God,
   pray for us sinners
   now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:37:09 AM EDT
[#2]
DzlBenz....Thank you for your response.

I ask this because my brothers stopped on the shoulder to take a picture of the Nebraska
sign and in the picture there looks like a large angelic statue of some sort.

When they where done taking the picture my brother dave and his wife Lillie where the lead bike and pulled onto the highway in the path of a 18 wheeler. My brother Dan and his wife Linda where still on the shoulder and witnessed the accident.

Thanks again,
Jim
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:55:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Oh, I am so sorry.  Just reading that leaves a hollow pit in my stomach.

Bless you and your family.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:56:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:00:44 AM EDT
[#5]
God bless them.

Max
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:04:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I am truly sorry for your loss. I hope the living now recover.

Thats why my bike has been sitting in the garage now for several months without being on the road.  Well I run around the block to keep it going but never on a major street.  It just scares the shit out of me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:03:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm sorry to hear that

I'm always very concerned about riding motorcycles around, they are probably the most dangerous mode of transportation because of the obvious lack of protection in a crash. My nieghbor used to be motorcycle rider until a woman ran into him. He was injured and he still limps today as a result.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:05:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm sorry for your loss.
My prayers for you and your family.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:16:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm sorry for your loss.
My prayers for you and your family.

+1 and I am just sick to hear this news.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top