SWEET!
Who made the vest?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:13:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Posts Per Day ::

just for this.

**Right Click*--- *Set as Background*

Thanks for the new wallpaper!! Nice pic. Did you take it yourself?

Kris
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:22:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Tag.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:25:56 PM EDT
[#5]
What kind of carrier is that? Nice looking. Is it Blackhawk gear?

Thanks,
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:26:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Posts Per Day ::

just for this.

www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviews/guarder_aks-74u/DSC00109.jpg

**Right Click*--- *Set as Background*

Thanks for the new wallpaper!! Nice pic. Did you take it yourself?

Kris

ha! I wish.  I couldn't dream of owning a real krink for awhile.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:27:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
SWEET!
Who made the vest?

Looks like Blackhawk
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:28:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Sweet Krink!!!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:28:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
SWEET!
Who made the vest?

If you right click to check the properties, apparently an airsoft knockoff company from Hong Kong.  Namely, the brand Guarder.  They've made a lot of money making knock off, sub par gear...and actually really high quality aftermarket airsoft parts.

Their main company is Intruder Shop

You can probably find the same vest from Eagle...that won't have thread seperation after a season or two.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:32:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
SWEET!
Who made the vest?

If you right click to check the properties, apparently an airsoft knockoff company from Hong Kong.  Namely, the brand Guarder.  They've made a lot of money making knock off, sub par gear...and actually really high quality aftermarket airsoft parts.

You can probably find the same vest from Eagle...that won't have thread seperation after a season or two.

yeah you're probably right, I did a random google image search for 5.45x39 to celebrate my 5.45 posts per day goal.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:45:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
SWEET!
Who made the vest?

yeah you're probably right, I did a random google image search for 5.45x39 to celebrate my 5.45 posts per day goal.

Actually, now that I think about it I could easily be incorrect.  It appears that the picture is actually from a review at arniesairsoft (a pretty good uk airsoft site) about the Krinkov pictured.  The vest they're using as flare is quite possibly not a knockoff.

In the US and UK it is often just about the same price to buy a real piece of equipment as it is to buy a knock off.  As such buying something from HSGI, SOE, Paraclete (those guys are fucking dope) is normally just as cost effective.  

I'm of the opinion that the vest pictured is likely a Blackhawk Industries Commando Recon Chest Harness.  Blackhawk has a deservedly bad reputation (Vietnam) but from what I am lead to understand the STRIKE series (which I believe that system to be a part of) is supposed to be a good bit of gear.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:33:13 AM EDT
[#12]
$125 for the vest alone without the pouches????

ETA: Found the sytem over at R&S tactical gear for "less".

It's the  S.T.R.I.K.E. MOLLE GEN 4 Modular Assault System.

All prices rounded up to the nearest Dollar

The Vest is the
STRIKE Commando Recon Chest Harness $100
Single rifle mag pouch $20 (the one closest in pic view)
Double rifle mag pouches $30 X2=$60
Double pistol mag pouch $25
radio pouch $40
Camel-back $33

Total as seen above: $278 minus shipping.

Looks like I'll be sticking to my low-speed "liberated" ALICE gear.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:41:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
$125 for the vest alone without the pouches????

ETA: Found the sytem over at R&S tactical gear for "less".

It's the  S.T.R.I.K.E. MOLLE GEN 4 Modular Assault System.

All prices rounded up to the nearest Dollar

The Vest is the
STRIKE Commando Recon Chest Harness $100
Single rifle mag pouch $20 (the one closest in pic view)
Double rifle mag pouches $30 X2=$60
Double pistol mag pouch $25
radio pouch $40
Camel-back $33

Total as seen above: $278 minus shipping.

Looks like I'll be sticking to my low-speed "liberated" ALICE gear.

For really good load bearing gear you are likely to pay from $300 to $400 for the primary part.  I own an HSGI Silverthrone chest harness.  Cost me about $350 when I bought it.  Worth every damn penny.  The dang thing is bomb proof.

With this type of gear you get exactly what you pay for.  Granted buying Blackhawk gear from their main website is pretty expensive.  I'd personally recommend Lightfighter as I've never been treated poorly by them, and Brad (owner) is a contributor around here.

ALICE gear is pretty damn uncomfortable once you've worn some good stuff.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:49:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

ALICE gear is pretty damn uncomfortable once you put it on've worn some good stuff .

Fixed it

Mauser, While the rig you have sounds really sweet, I'm out now so I have a very hard time justifying that kind of cash outlay for something that would simply be a range toy unless the SHTF.

When I upgrade my kit I think I'll just get something like this sans SHERIFF logo:

It can carry 90rnds of 7.62X39 a 45,  smoke grenade and it can even be fitted with a Camel-Back.
More than enough for a civvie, even in a NO type SHTF, IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:59:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Strange looking AR you have there.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:39:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Strange looking AR you have there.

Did you post in the wrong thread?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:47:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Mauser, While the rig you have sounds really sweet, I'm out now so I have a very hard time justifying that kind of cash outlay for something that would simply be a range toy unless the SHTF.

Granted.  See under my name?  I've got a metric assload of stuff that I collected from years of playing airsoft.  Most of the same things a lot of deployed guys wish their Chain would allow them to wear.  Since I stopped airsoftin' about 2 years ago it's all sat in my closet.

Look into a milspec LBV-88.  They can be had on the cheap in still decent shape from most surplus stores, are more comfortable than ALICE and at the same time still ALICE compatable.

When I upgrade my kit I think I'll just get something like this sans SHERIFF logo:
www.rstacticalgear.com/prod_images_large/TAC-V1-N_VEST_-_B-lg.jpg

I never found "tactical" vests to be very comfortable, personally.  Also didn't like dragging my sidearm through the dirt in the 'crossdraw' configuration.  Course all that's playing airsoft, running around woods and bogs.

If I could buy anything I wanted today and have it useful for the real world I'd want a Paraclete RAV with the armor.  That way all my SHTF gear and my armor are the same piece.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:11:16 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Look into a milspec LBV-88.  They can be had on the cheap in still decent shape from most surplus stores, are more comfortable than ALICE and at the same time still ALICE compatable.
Why didn't I think of that?

I never found "tactical" vests to be very comfortable, personally.  Also didn't like dragging my sidearm through the dirt in the 'crossdraw' configuration.  Course all that's playing airsoft, running around woods and bogs.
Thanks for the heads-up, I'll see about trying one out before buying.
If I could buy anything I wanted today and have it useful for the real world I'd want a Paraclete RAV with the armor.  That way all my SHTF gear and my armor are the same piece.

I Googled it $$Nice$$
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:17:48 PM EDT
[#19]
very Nice
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:30:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Granted.  See under my name?  I've got a metric assload of stuff that I collected from years of playing airsoft.  Most of the same things a lot of deployed guys wish their Chain would allow them to wear.  Since I stopped airsoftin' about 2 years ago it's all sat in my closet.

www.rstacticalgear.com/prod_images_large/TAC-V1-N_VEST_-_B-lg.jpg

I have an LBV-88 I picked up at the local surplus store for around 39 bucks.  it's a bit small for my frame.... but it works.  

ETA: here's a picture, sorry for the size, but there's already a 56k warning

I tried to make a cool picture with some various things from my collection.  Oh well.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:37:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks for the pic Enigma. I frogot about the LBV as it was only just getting issued to some troops when I got out( That confession really dates me).

Your post count is up to 5.51 as of this post. Better think of something cool for 5.56.

P.S. I stared at your Bio pic and nothing happened. Good thing too. I posted a reward for anyone who could find my brains.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:33:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Thanks for the pic Enigma. I frogot about the LBV as it was only just getting issued to some troops when I got out( That confession really dates me).

Your post count is up to 5.51 as of this post. Better think of something cool for 5.56.

P.S. I stared at your Bio pic and nothing happened. Good thing too. I posted a reward for anyone who could find my brains.

lol, thanks I'll keep on the look out for them splatterd on a wall
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top